epilogue

a/n- here you go

I blew out the candles, as Toby clapped next to me, "Do you feel any older?" "Not really" I had just turned 19, oh how time flies. On my 18th birthday, I had moved out to England and bought an apartment on the water with Toby.

When Tommy and I drifted, Toby stayed by my side, he was a mutual friend of both of ours. "Let's go on a walk" the brown-haired boy insisted, "let me change first, I look like a hobo" I stood up from the kitchen table and went into my room locking the door behind me.

I pulled out a pair of mom jeans with a black belt and a green tank top. As I looked at myself in the mirror I held the necklace that had rested on my chest, the same one I was given when I turned 16. Although it had been years since he and I had spoken, I had a soft spot for Tommy and I always will.

After we broke up, I never felt the same about anyone else. That intense feeling never came back to me. I put on some perfume and walked back into the kitchen to see Toby eating my cupcake, "Toby" I whined, "sorry" he spoke with a mouth full of vanilla frosting, "come on, let's go" I said as I put on my black converse.

We walked along the shoreline, listening to the sound of the gentle waves crash against the shore and the seagulls cooing as they flew above the water. The sky was a pretty peach color with orange and pink hues, "it's such a nice night" as I looked at Toby he was glancing around, almost like he was looking for something.

"Huh? Oh yeah, it's very pretty" "You seem distracted, what's going on?" he looked away from me, "Toby, tell me" "Well, I might have uh, done something" his voice was higher than normal, I sigh, "what did you do" The brown-eyed boy just looked at me for a moment, I looked straight ahead and stopped dead in my tracks.

I felt my heart stop, I didn't know how to respond or what the correct way even was, I just stood there like an idiot. I glanced at Toby then back at him, "surprise?" Toby said in a questioning tone, unsure about how I was going to react.

He walked over to us, he and I just looked at one another, "Hey Vie" the familiar British voice spoke, "Tom". He glanced down at my necklace then back at me, "you're still wearing it" he said softly, I nodded and gave him a smile.

I stood up on my tiptoes, pulling him into a tight hug, I melted at his touch like I used to when we where kids. "I missed you" he whispered only loud enough for me to hear "I missed you too"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 | 𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐭 🎉