Take a Break

By ponleian on Pixiv
{https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/57264160}

    Had this Pandemonica chapter idea.

I'm taking a bit longer to make new OCs for the heaven thing so please bare with me.

This starts off like any other chapter, at your home at a specific time of night, because they are somehow more active during this time (RIP your sleeping cycle). You're sitting on the living room couch watching a movie with some other demons, Modeus cuddling next to you with Cerberus laying on your lap.

You hear a groan from the staircase before Pandemonica comes down. It was the normal sight to see the Tired demon be, well, tired. But something was off with this one. She scans the room with half-open eyes until she sees you there.

Coming over she calls for you. "Helltaker! Coffee, now!"

You glance over at the clock a bit confused, this normally wasn't the time for her scheduled Coffee break. But if she was feeling like getting a cup then you wouldn't deny her the request.

You get Cerberus off your lap as you try to get up, "Alright, the usual or do you want a new blen—?"

As you stood up and looked at Pandemonica you notice her slowly lose balance. The tired demon's eyes closed fully as her body falls forward. You react and quickly jumped towards her, catching her with your hands.

"Monica?!" You gasp as you looked at her unconscious body.

You lay Pandemonica down on the couch, she seemed to be fast asleep. You place an arm on her forehead to check your temperature, though with demon girls, you can't really tell with how extremely hot or cold they get in normal conditions. 

        Judgement sighs as she holds a flask of sparkling red liquid, some kind of demon potion. "She overworked herself again... I keep telling her to take breaks."

        You went to fix  a cup of coffee, Judgement pours a few drops of the potion into it. She says its some kind of mix that makes a demon's body more relaxed. You go to the kitchen and start cooking a small snack for Pandemonica when she wakes up.

       "Is she going to be okay?" Cerberus stared at the sleeping demon worriedly.

      "With a bit of rest, she will." Judgement reassured. "Demons aren't like humans and don't get sick, but they still can get exhausted from time to time."

       "That is if she actually decides to sleep willingly and not wait until she collapses for a break." Lucifer groaned.

        "Maybe you've been giving her too much hours, Lucy!" Zdrada laughed.

        "Hey!" Lucifer yelled. "For the record, she's the one that takes the jobs! I'm not forcing them on her."

       As the demons get more noisy, this was enough to wake Pandemonica back up. When Lucifer noticed she frowned and looked down guiltily. A few blinks from the Tired demon before she immediately shot back up. Pandemonica throws away the blanket and starts scrambling to her feet like the end of the world was happening.

      "C-calm down, Pandemonica!" Lucifer tries to hold her shoulders so she wouldn't stand up so quickly.

      "Calm down?! The hell am I doing asleep?" Pandemonica yelled, she huffed and grabbed her glasses off the table and put it back on. "I have so much work to do! Only lazy demons would sleep!"

      "There isn't anything wrong with taking a break." You come back with a platter of food and a cup of joe. You place it down in front of her but she only takes the cup.