Chapter 7

Nico's POV

Will started teaching our classes again, meanwhile I'm being forced to spend hours alone in the hospital wing. It felt just like when Will made me stay those three days in the infirmary after the war with Gaea. Except, then had him for company. Now I'm alone, just like Tartarus. Before I can do anything about it, I feel my eyelids getting heavy as I'm dragged into the world of Hypnos.

I open my eyes and I am met with an all too familiar sight. I am standing on the bank of the river Phlegethon. I look around a bit, but nothing seems out of the ordinary, suddenly a deep voice echoes through the cavern.

''Back so soon, huh?'' It sounded like they were taunting me.''I guess I'll have to show you the warmest welcome.'' The ground began to shake as the floor opened up beneath me. I landed in a dark room with no sign of how I got there. I saw a pair of glowing red eyes open in front of me. Something warm and soft began wrapping itself around my arm. I tried to shake it off, but it just got tighter the more I struggled. Soon it made it to my neck, I tried to claw it off with my free arm. It was no use, it started to constrict my neck. I couldn't breath. Just as I thought I was going to pass out, I woke up gasping for air. I was still in the hospital wing.

Ever since becoming immortal, my dreams haven't been quite as bad. I have been able to get more sleep, though I don't really need it.

A couple hours later, Will comes in looking exhausted. He had a flask with a potion in it. He walked over and sat next to me.

''Hades came by a few days ago, he told me you had to drink this. You'll be out for a while but you'll feel better afterward.'' He handed me the potion. I took the cork out of the bottle and I got a whiff of it. It smelled like rotting corpses. I look over at him with a look that says, do you really want me to drink this? Will chuckled a little and gave me one last hug before I downed the dark liquid. It tasted just like how it smelled. Once again my eyelids start getting heavy, but this time it was different. It was like I was drifting away from earth, instead of being pulled under it.

I woke up a few minutes later, or so I thought. The room was empty, except for a sleeping first year in the far corner. I look out at the lake, shimmering in the sun. There was a note on the table next to my bed. It took me a few minutes to read because of my dyslexia and I was still tired, but I managed. It read, Dear Nico, Hope your quest has been good. We are writing to tell you that we have been invited to the Yule Ball at your school, along with the rest of the seven and Reyna. See you soon, Percy.

Just great, the Golden trio already thinks I'm suspicious and now all of my not so ordinary friends are coming. I was left with nothing to do, so I decided to get up and walk around the castle. Before I could get very far, Madam Pomfrey came out and noticed I was awake. She came over to do a checkup. 

''Will should be here soon.'' She walked back into her office. As if on cue, Will burst into the room and ran over to my bed. He gave me a hug and sat down in the chair next to me. I handed him the letter from Percy.

''They should be here in a few days.'' I was confused, I thought the Yule ball wasn't for a couple months. I say this and Will smiles. ''You were out for a while, about two months. The first task is already over and the Yule ball is this weekend. Anyway, lets go, we have to get you fitted for your suit.

We didn't have any classes today, so we went out to London to find suits. We went to a lot of different stores, but we finally found ones that we liked.

Mine was a black three piece with a black shirt and tie. Will's was grey with a light yellow tie.

Nico's