chapter 26

Dedicated to SarahSamel125 who was one of my first reader and has stuck around till the end.
____________________________________

Vote and comment
____________________________________

Anna

I was sitting on my bed with my five girl-friends who'd come for a sleepover at my house. We were playing truth or dare and the last thing I wanted was for Aiden to pop his head in and ask if he could play.

Lina, Stacy and Becca were my best friends but Valerie and Cara were just trailing us around everywhere only because they wanted to flirt with my brother or sweet talk my dad.

They infuriated me but I was helpless as they were self-invited and mom was always nice to our guests. "So Becca,truth or dare?",Valerie asked.

"Dare",Becca said confidently. Bad move girl. "I dare you to kiss Aiden",Valerie said as her mouth curved into a self-satisfied smirk.

"Oh hell no!",I said. "Aiden isn't even playing this and no body kisses my twin." These girls just wanted a chance to stick their lips to Aiden's and I was completely against that. I mean yeah, Aiden was the most handsome boy in school and every girl wanted something or the other to do with him  but that doesn't mean he wants them.

Aiden and I were just ten but dad always said that we were smarter than our age and he told Aiden not to play with girls like they are toys. He said that out of all the people in the world, Aiden should know the importance of it because he had a twin sister whom he loved more than anyone else. Dad asked how he'd feel if someone is disrespectful to me in worse ways and Aiden said he'll break their face. I was very honored to be that twin sister.

I dashed out of my room to find Aiden. I opened his room's door and shut it behind me quickly. Aiden was lying on his bed shirtless ,looking at me in a confused manner. I quickly pulled a t-shirt from his drawer and threw it on his face. "Pull it on Aid",I said.

"What are you doing here?",he asked pulling his t-shirt on. "Don't you have your friends over?" I rolled my eyes and jumped on his bed to sit beside him. "Yes,but I'm here to protect you from them",I said. 

"Why?"

"Valerie dared Becca to kiss you." Aiden chuckled and pulled me to his chest, engulfing me in a big comforting hug that only Aiden could manage to give. I loved his hugs more than I loved chocolate and just so you know I love chocolate.

"Don't worry Annie,I'm not kissing anybody",he laughed. "Good, because I'd kill you if you do."

The door barged open as all the girls shuffled inside. "You can't just leave us all alone. We're at your house after all",Valerie said placing her hands on her hips. "Nobody asked you to be here",I mumbled in Aiden's chest as he let out light chuckles.

They all jumped up on his bed and got cozy,with Valerie trying to gooey eye my brother and cling to his chest as Cara tried to shuffle me away from Aiden so that she could take my seat. Hello? He's my brother.

"Girls!",my mom called from downstairs. "Do you want me to bring you cookies?" "Yes mom. And some for poor Aiden too",Aiden called out sarcastically.

My mom walked in with a tray full of freshly baked cookies. My mom was the prettiest woman I'd ever seen. Everything about her was beautiful. Like the way her blond-brown hair bounced on her shoulders, how her smile was so genuine and her eyes were beautiful graceful slits on her face.

Aiden often told me that I looked like her and I was happy knowing that I'm somewhere even close to the beauty of my mother. And as for my dad,he was super dad. He was just as handsome as my mom was beautiful. He was old, yes, but he didn't have a dad bod or he didn't crack some stupid jokes. He made me laugh in the simplest of simple ways, played with me in all his free time and taught me some important life lessons.