14. TEAM 'SOMEONE ELSE'

The next day, mom suddenly informs me that we would be visiting my grandparents who live with my uncle, Akhil (my mom's elder brother), his wife, my aunt, Rema and—drum rolls please!—my little cousin brother, Shravan and his elder brother Ajay.

We were cousins, but we had grown together that we consider ourselves siblings. Alone, you never would have seen anyone as obedient as us but one can only hope that the house doesn't burn down when we three come together.

Yippe-ki-yay, motherfucker!

Feeling elated, I get ready and quite literally inhale my breakfast and start tailing my mom, asking her if there were any chores I must help her with so that we can get to my grandparents' house earlier.

"Wow, try to show this enthusiasm to work every day Vicky because I'm your mother and all, you know."

Chuckling, I pinch my mom's cheeks.

"Aww, I love you Ma, don't get jealous that I love them too."

Slapping my hands away, she playfully pinches my forearm, but boy did it hurt like a bitch!

"I'll just get the keys and then we can leave." My mom says, heading to her room.

Meanwhile I go get changed into jeans and a siblings-goals t-shirt that me and my cousins wear whenever we meet together after a long time.

Smoothing the shirt I grab my EDITH eyeglasses, put them on and pack a backpack with my pj's and a set of casual attire along with other necessities, since my mom said we will be staying there overnight.

I recheck if I need anything else and when I was good to go, I made my way to the living room to see mom going through her wallet and checking if she had adequate money.

"Shall we?" My mom asked, gesturing to the door.

Nodding eagerly, I throw the door open and dash down to the main gate as I wait for my mom to get on the scooter and start it. Once she does, I seat myself behind her and we start moving away from the apartment after wearing our helmets.

I impatiently get off of the scooter and open the main gate after we reach our grandparents' house for my mom to park the vehicle as I run up the stairs to my grandparents' house—which was in the last floor of a two storied building that was owned by them—as the sound of my heavy footsteps echo around the walls.

Right when I reach the landing right in front of the door, the door opens, revealing Aunt Rema standing with a smile on her face.

"Hi Auntie Rema!" I hug her and remove my footwear before entering the house.

Once I did, I hear my brothers' voices coming from Shravan's room. I go towards the room and their attention snaps to me from their game of NFS:MW 2005.

Slowly, wide grins appear on our faces as we all squeal like teenage girls—well I am literally a teenage girl, but my brothers aren't—and rush together for a group hug, jumping as we hug each other.

We point at each other's shirts and burst out laughing.

"We still don't forget to do this." Ajay says, sighing as he drapes his arms around me and Shravan.

"What's all the noise?" My grandpa comes inside and looking at us, he smiles.

"As long as you don't wreck the house, we're good." He states before leaving us.

Plopping on Shravan's bed, I call out for Alexa to play 'Cherry Pie' by Warrant craving for a rock genre, with Shravan agreeing with my choice.

Butting in, Ajay shouts out for Alexa, instructing to play ''Till I Collapse' by Eminem and the music changes.