1 - room decorating competition

third person pov

all of the ua classes had just moved into the new dorms after the training camp kidnapping incident.

shinsou was nervous, out of nowhere, his mentor eraserhead had took him from the dorms of 1-c into the dorms of 1-a. seeing the shocked faces of the famous hero course students was nothing short of memorable. then again, shinsou himself was probably a feat to observe. as mr aizawa had introduced him to the class, he couldn't believe what was happening. mr aizawa had introduced him as the new addition to the class. as in, he was a new part of the hero course. him. shinsou. of course, he kept his stoic mask on, refusing to let the class of strangers see him freak out and probably jump for joy. and of course, he did exactly that once he was in his newly assigned room and all alone.

as the excited class of 1-a started to settle into their new rooms, they decided to do a dorm decoration contest, and was able to rope poor unsuspecting shinsou and (y/n) into it.

let's get this started, shall we?

(y/n)'s pov

yawning, i dropped my box of my clothes onto the carpeted floor of my new room. every girl's dream right? a room in a 'house' that was filled with hot guys. and girls. it's too bad all i want to do right now is pass out or drown myself in caffeine.

i slowly unpacked my small boxes of clothes, and put up some mini trinkets onto the shelves of my bookcase. as the finishing touch, i hung up the fairy lights that my mom forced me to bring above my window, and promptly flopped down onto my bed.

ready to pass out at any moment, i started to snuggle into my pillows, until i was interrupted by harsh knocking and a couple excited voices

"ughhhhhhhh ok ok i'm coming, stop banging on my door geez." i managed to mumble out as i drowsily wobbled to my door. opening it, i was met with the faces of my energetic classmates, before they pushed themselves into my room. thanks for asking to come in, i really appreciate it guys.

mina hopped into my room and started to spin around, taking in the details of my room. "hey (y/n)! we're doing a room decorating competition!!! we've gone through around half of the rooms so far, wanna join us for the rest?" she said as she started playing with my coffee machine on my desk.

i groaned, knowing that rejecting her proposal would lead to her literally dragging me around the dorms. seriously, i love mina, she's my best friend. but she has no sense of boundaries or my love for sleep. "argh ok fine, since you'll manage to make me come either way. let me make some coffee first at least."

the pink girl beamed at me as i sluggishly wandered to my coffee machine, and started to fill up a travel mug with fresh coffee. the rest of the class continued to explore my room, some checking out my plethora of books i had, while others gawked at my coffee collection. i smacked mineta with my coffee mug, stopping him from searching through my drawers, as i pushed them all outside and to the next victim.

"let's get this over with" i murmured to no one in particular, as the group proceeded to the next room, deku trying his best to stop us from entering his room. but alas, no one can stop a determined uraraka and excited mina.

seeing a room basically dedicated to all might, i leaned against a wall, too tired to properly worry about the boy's obsession. i closed my eyes, hoping to possibly get some rest, before mina grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the fanboy's room.

we proceeded invading our classmates rooms, tokoyami's comforting dark one, jiro's that was filled with instruments i wanted to play, and sato's who had delicious cake for us all (even a coffee cake for me)

eventually, the gang of excited teenagers and me being dragged along stopped in front of another unaware victim.

"should we bother him? he did just get here and doesn't know us at all kero." tsu mentioned, holding back mina from bursting into another room

deviously, mina smirked at tsu, "that's exactly why we should burst in. we barely know him! but seeing his room would be like seeing into his soul!" i frowned, slightly confused at the scene unfolding before me. just who's room was this? maybe i should've paid more attention to when mr aizawa told us the room layout. too late now.

knowing that the two would only continue to argue before barely coming to a conclusion, i took it upon myself to decide the fate of the room inhabitant. nothing against whoever it was, but hey, the faster this goes, the sooner i can go back to bed.

i knocked on the door, immediately shutting tsu and mina up as they both turned to me, bewildered. "hey can we come in and check out your room?" i asked, only slightly curious whose voice would reply.

mina shook my shoulders, astonished yet excited that i took the initiative. "oh my god that's my little sleep deprived baby!!!! i bet you're curious about our new classmate too huh?" mina whispered with a wide grin on her face. new classmate? okayyy i really need to pay more attention to mr aizawa from now on.

luckily, before mina could shake me into oblivion, a boy with messy purple hair and eye bags that compared to mine opened the door in front of us. "i don't really care whether you see my room or not, just make it quick."

i smiled at the stranger before striding into the room, patting his shoulder saying, "now that's something i can agree with buddy. i think we can be great friends in the future."

he brushed off my comment with a nonchalant shrug, as the rest of the group entered his neat yet messy room. kind of chaotically organized, and dark, lit up by a purple lava lamp that gave the whole atmosphere a calm feeling to it.

"oh my gosh shinsou, you have a cat???? what's its name?" mina exclaimed as she lightly grabbed the curious black cat off of, apparently, shinsou's bed.

the cat started to wriggle out of mina's grasp, before shinsou saved it and told the pink girl, "her name is kage* and she doesn't like strangers touching her." (*kage in japanese means shadow)

mina was undeterred by his cold tone of voice and simply pouted as kage escaped her arms. i sipped my coffee while glancing out the room's window to the beautiful city view of the sun setting. i always loved to watch the sunset whenever i could by the beach, falling into the different colors and peaceful atmosphere.

"hey (y/n) let's go!! only a few more rooms left!" mina happily called as she and the others left shinsou's room. i turned to see just shinsou and kage sitting on his bed, and the door open to the hallway, letting me hear the voices of my classmates starting to move on.

"sorry, coming!" i called out to mina, who probably didn't notice my words either way. as i was about to step out of the room, i hesitantly turned back to meet deep purple eyes staring at me. "uh, hey. just saying, you can always come by my room if you need some good coffee. it's always open for you."

his eyes widened at my offer, before he gave me a small smile. "thanks, i might take you up on that someday."

i chuckled, closing the door behind me to catch up with the rest of my energetic class. 

in the end, sato won the competition, gaining all the votes of the girls in our class because of his delicious cakes that we got. and rightfully so in my opinion.

sighing, i went back to my room, picking up my acoustic guitar and resigning to playing while looking out at the moon in my window.

until i heard a soft knock on my door.

word count - 1381
a/n - this is fun, if you like it, please vote and leave a comment! and yes you can play guitar, sorry i'm obsessed with guitar
-nova✨