Chapter 23 - Divination of the Dark Lord and the Devil

"Good as new," Vincent said to himself as he examined his body. He did a few stretches and jumped a bit. "Almost like I was never injured. Hmm?"

After a short silence, he gave a wry smile. "Even the scars are completely gone."

He had some complicated feelings about the fact before shaking his head with a sigh.

"What's done is done I guess," he thought, throwing a clean white shirt over himself. "Wonder if Arnya and Nyx are fine."

It's been a couple of days since the incident before Vincent was allowed to get out of the hospital. Due to the end of exams, most students spent the rest time relaxing in Hogsmeade, leaving most of the castle empty as he walked through the corridors, looking out the windows on the way.

"So...all healed are we?" A familiar drawling voice caught Vincent's attention as he looked forward to Snape with his hands behind his back, eyes narrowing at Vincent.

"Yes, sir, not a single scratch left," Vincent nodded.

"...Is that so?" Snape glared at Vincent for a good while before walking past. "I saw Potter and his friends heading to the Gamekeepers hut. Your vampire friend should also be there too."

Vincent turned and watched as Snape continued walking before turning back. 

"Huh, he does care," Vincent said to himself scratching his head as he headed off to Hagrid's hut, not realising that the teacher in question had heard him, nearly falling over, with his eyes twitching violently as he glared back to see Vincent turning a corner. 

...

"Ohhh...Buckbeak! I'm so glad ya' back!" Hagrid sobbed as he rubbed his hairy beard into some very pink feathers happily, not noticing the odd looks from Harry, Ron and Hermione who were currently looking at Vincent for an explanation. Arnya was off to the side watching over the group.

"I swear, I did not do this," Vincent said quickly. 

"But you had something to do with this right?" Hermione said with a raised brow.

Vincent silently opened his mouth before closing it as a bright red coloured feather Hippogriff trotted by. "...not my intention."

He looked over the paddock with complicated feelings, watching all of the Hippogriff herd moving about. That would be fine and all...

...if not for the fact that all the Hippogriffs were so well...coloured.

It was like looking at a very messed up rainbow as each Hippogriff moved. One was red, another was green, some had two colours, and others had all of them. Poor Buckbeak now looked like an overgrown flamingo with its brightly pink feathers, beak and talons. The only thing spared from the colouring were its eyes.

"Arnya, what did you do?" Vincent asked frantically, turning the group's attention to her. "I only told you to use it on Buckbeak!"

"I did, but it didn't work out as well," Arnya explained. "So after a bit, I decided to use it on all of them."

"Oh for the love of..." Vincent muttered. "Well, this is fine too I guess."

"What did she do?" Harry asked.

"After that night, I asked Arnya and Nyx to make a potion the changes the colour of any living being," Vincent explained. "Thought it could disguise Buckbeak from the Ministry should they have decided to check the flock. However, I guess it coloured too well, making Buckbeak stick out like a sore thumb. Leaving Arnya here to..."

"...drug the herd?" Ron finished with a wince. "'If ones changed, make them all change so no one knows', that sort of idea? Bloody hell man, will that stuff wear off?"