➳ 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

Jungkook had no idea how to begin. He knew it wouldn't work with screams and insults to make her understand or to make her speak. He just sat in front of her on the coffee table, waiting.

She was going to talk, and he wasn't going to force her to do it.

Lisa's fingers twisted together as she stared blankly at a spot behind Jungkook's shoulder. Her features were saying little about the feelings and thoughts she's been holding.

He was angry still, confused to his very core, and she couldn't blame him for it. Perhaps, he could expect this from everybody inside Yoongi's cartel, but not from her.

"How long have you been using?" For the first time since they arrived in the basement, he uttered the words, and it got her heart racing.

The fingers twisting stopped, and she looked at her lap. "A month."

He tried not to, but his voice came out cold and hashed, "Why?"

"I don't know."

"Yes, you do."

Lisa was forced to look at him in the eye, his gaze hardening the longer she took to answer.

"My life hasn't been the best lately, I suppose." A tear slid down her cheek, and she quickly wiped with the wrist of her sleeve.

"So hasn't mine. Much less for the people who work here."

"Everybody deals with problems differently, Jungkook."

He slowly nodded, pursing his lips, "Doing drugs is how you deal with yours now? Very nice."

"Glad to know you still care for me," Lisa smiled sarcastically, her foot swaying on the coffee table between his legs. "But I'm not doing anything you haven't done before. Don't give me the goody-goody act because you're far from moral."

"I tried once," he replied with the same coolness. "You're a user."

"Yeah, and?" she shrugged with indifference, which clearly made the blood on Jungkook's veins to boil. "I can stop if I want to. It's not like I'm addicted like most of our clients."

"Yet," he stated, tilting his head.

Lisa took a deep breath, sitting straight up. "Dude, why are we even having this conversation? We're not together anymore, so I don't see why I should be giving any explanation about what I do with my body. If I'm healthy or not. If I'm sober or not. You broke with me, Jungkook, and if you can't recall, you told me to stay out of your way."

"I told you to stay away from my job," he accusingly pointed at her with his finger. "And you know exactly why I did it!"

"Do you plan on blaming me forever? I said I was sorry! What else do you want?" Jungkook was forced to move back when Lisa stopped swaying her leg to stand up, angrily. "We all make mistakes, including you! You have no right to keep attacking me for this!"