Oh Ernie

Cove's POV
River and I just made it to the park and we're currently sitting on a bench next to the fountain. The fountain is super pretty, it's made out of white concrete and it has two layers. There's a few angels with water squirting out of them as well. The water is crystal clear so you can see all of the shining coins spread along the bottom.

Speaking of coins, I want to make a wish. I stood up and started searching my pockets for some coins. Yes! I came up with 2 pennies and a quarter.

"What are you doing baby?" River asked. I jumped back, completely forgetting about his presence.

"Woah, you scared me!" I exclaimed and put my hand on my heart. He chuckled and stood up with a smirk on his face.

Not this again. We're in public for goodness sake!.

"Riverrr not here," I whined as he came closer, but my pleas fell upon deaf ears.
"Shhhh," he whispered as he closed the gap between us.

"But-" he cut me off by gently placing his lips on mine. All of my objections were immediately forgotten and I kissed him back passionately. It took no time for the kiss to become heated, and I put my arms around his shoulders. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Mmm, River," I moaned against his lips. He smirked and tightened his grip on my waist. I reluctantly pulled away after a pleasure filled minute, and he took the time to trail kisses down my neck.

I suddenly realized where we are and stepped back. "Why'd you move?" River smirked. He knows exactly what he did.

"You know what you did, luckily I'm smart and I stopped you," I stated victoriously while pointing an accusing finger at him.

"That you are," he said stepping closer, once again filling the gap. Before he could kiss me again though, I wrapped my arms around him and put my head on his chest.

"Lets just hug instead," I mumbled into his shirt.He smiled and brought me closer. "Sure baby."

After a while hugging, we sat back down on the bench.

"So, River, do you want to play twenty questions?" I asked. I feel like I don't really know a lot about him. Sure I know what cars he owns and what his house looks like, but that's not much. We've been with each other constantly, but I still feel like I barely know anything.

"Okay, you go first," he replied.

"Hmm, what's your favorite color?" I asked. Such a basic question, yet I don't know the answer.

"Black. What's your favorite season?" He asked.

"Spring because of all of the pretty flowers! I love flowers so much. Not as much as dogs though, I love dogs even more! They're so fluffy and cute an-" I cut myself off once I realized that I was rambling.

River started laughing and I felt my cheeks turn a bright pink. "Sorry, I ramble a lot," I mumbled. River shook his head as a sign that it's okay, and I smiled.

"Your turn! What's your favorite holiday?"

We continued on asking question after question, and I found out a lot about River. For example, his favorite tv genre is horror (shocker), his dream vacation is Paris and most surprisingly, his favorite animal is an otter.

An otter! The school bad boy likes otters! That's adorable.

After talking and having lots of fun, River decided that it's time to head back.

We stood up and I grabbed his hand.
"So, River do you wan-" I was cut off by his phone ringing. He let go of my hand and checked the caller I.D, immediately answering it once he saw who it is.