Chapter 130

Chapter 130 - Not serious enough to be considered an offence (3)

Li Yuanhang hadn't lived at home since he graduated from college. Now that he was married, he had his own family. In addition, he was busy with work. It was usually difficult for him to find time to go home and spend time with his parents. Fortunately, he had a good wife and they went over to his parents' home to eat dinner every few days.

After Li Yuanhang understood what Song Tingshen was hinting at, he had originally wanted his wife to have that conversation with his younger sister. After all, they were both women, and it would be easier for them to chat and talk about their thoughts. However, when the time came to ask his wife this, he wasn't able to voice his request.

What was he supposed to say? That his younger sister coveted a married man? Moreover, she had already taken action to try to destroy someone's marriage and family?

He felt embarrassed just thinking about it.

Li Yuanhang thought that he had to leave his younger sister some face. After taking the afternoon off, he made a special trip to Song Corporation's neighborhood. He called Li Jing and said he needed to talk to her about something.

Li Jing didn't think anything of it. Although it was approaching National Day and the Finance Department was extremely busy, she was a newcomer and the work assigned to her wasn't that much. Using the excuse that she was going out to buy afternoon tea for her coworkers, she slipped out from work.

The two of them arranged to meet in a nearby cafe.

Right after Li Jing sat down, she asked, "Older brother, why didn't you come to the office? Big Brother Song is there too. I've been working there for so long, but I've never seen you paying Big Brother Song a visit."

She had selfish intentions for suggesting this. Although everyone at work knew that she had a connection to the CEO, she still hoped that her older brother could frequently come to the office. That way, people at work would know that her older brother had a very good relationship with Song Tingshen... She could also take those opportunities to interact with Song Tingshen more.

Li Yuanhang glanced at his younger sister. He called over the waiter and ordered a cup of coffee for himself and a glass of juice for her before saying, "Little Jing, Song Corporation isn't close to home. You have to spend a few hours a day commuting. Mom has talked to me about this too. I've been thinking about it. I have a highschool friend that started a joint business. The business is still in its infancy, but its prospects are good. Their office location is close to home too. It's close enough that you can walk over there. So, you should quit your job and go over there to work. Since you're my sister, my friend will definitely give you a good salary and benefits. You don't have to worry about that."

"I don't want it." Li Jing didn't even think before shaking her head. "I like the company I'm working at. I don't want to change jobs."

"You're just an ordinary office worker. It doesn't matter where you work. That company is close to home. You'll be able to go home to eat and rest at lunchtime." Li Yuanhang eased his tone. "Listen to older brother. Older brother wouldn't harm you. Dad and mom will worry less if you work closer to home. How about this, take time to think about it and I'll find an opportunity to tell Old Song about it for you."

He said to think about it, but he was really just informing her.

Li Jing was somewhat angry. "Older brother, I'm already an adult and I can't even decide where I want to work? I already said I don't want to change jobs. Besides, I really like my current company. Even if I'm your younger sister, don't order me around and make decisions for me! I don't like it when you do that!"

She was so agitated. Li Yuanhang's expression looked increasingly helpless. He sipped the coffee, put down the cup, and looked at her with a serious expression. "Do you like this company or do you like a certain someone in the company?"