My wife (Lena)

You trudged out onto one of the many balconies the grand hall had and leant on the cold railing.
You tilted your head back to breath the air in deeply.
It was calm, no rain no sun, just calm. It centred you, and after all of the introductions and hand shakes it was much needed. You saw the familiar streak of red and blue in the sky and smiled to yourself. Supergirl. Something you never thought you'd see. She was usually off fighting aliens, not flying around a building all night.
You took another sip of the cool champagne in your glass and it tickled your throat.
You involuntarily laughed at that, that feature being why you liked the drink so much.
'What are you laughing at?' A soft, confident voice came from behind you.
A warmth flowed through your body at the familiar sound.
'Nothing. Everything.' You replied, still not turning round.
You felt two slim, strong arms wrap around you from behind and a small body melt into your back.
The explanation didn't make sense, but neither of you cared. You just basked in each other's warmth.
'What are you thinking about?' You asked into the silence of the night.
'This day.' She mumbled, breathing hotly into your bare shoulder.
'Hmm.' Was all your response as your heart swelled at the thought of it.
'I always thought the best day of my life was when I was adopted. When that turned to shit, I didn't think I'd have another good day. This one is by far my favourite of all time.' She whispered loud enough for you to hear.
You giggled and grasped at the fair skin of her arms.
'This one is my favourite too.' You said.
She moved one of her arms to grasp onto your hand and the clink of metal on metal made your whole body melt.
'I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together.' Was said and it was clear from her tone it was the truth.
'Me too.' Was all you could muster as you felt another intense wave of emotion crash over you that brought you to tears.
'Oh god you aren't going to cry again? What's that like the 15th time?' She jokingly said but whipped you around so she could hug your torso and bury her face into your chest.
'I'm sorry I can't help it.' Your voice cracked as you felt a few tears trickle down your face.
She looked up at you then and wiped them away.
'You, my wife, are a hopeless romantic.' She smiled widely as she said it.
'I'm just so in love with you!' You said back defensively but with the same wide grin as hers.
'I love you too, but you have to stop crying. The guests will think you're already having second thoughts.' She said with a small laugh.
'Second thoughts? As if.' You joked and pulled her beaming face into your hands.
'I would kill you if you did.' She said, sarcasm laced in her tone.
'I don't doubt it.' You said as you met her mouth with yours for the millionth time today. You couldn't help it. She was your wife now. You could kiss her whenever.
'My wife.' You whispered into her lips.
'Your wife.' She murmured back.