Chapter 2

The next morning found Lisa in nothing but her black lace boyshorts in the kitchen and a cup of black coffee in hand. She has taken the day off to see through a few furniture deliveries that were supposed to arrive at noon today, hence deciding to sleep in a little before finally pulling herself up at 9:30.

She lazily walked around the common area towards the balcony. Despite mentioning to Soo-Young last night that she didn't want to be given the memo for walking around naked in her apartment, she found herself decidedly staying in only her panties for the meantime. Aside from her neighbour who's probably already gone for work at this time, who else is supposed to spot her from her balcony on the 23rd floor anyway?

A small hum vibrated through her lips as she took a sip of coffee in front of the balcony doors. Remembering the details of last night was starting to give her a delightful tug in her belly. She reminisced about the heavy gaze that didn't bother hiding from the curtains last night, and her skin tickled immediately, as if reminding her of the pull of her neighbour's stare.

Speaking of her neighbour.

She side-eyed the balcony to her right and found the drapes pulled to the side, exposing the interior of the unit beside her. She couldn't see much except for a chaise lounge in front of the balcony doors, half of what seems to be a black and white portrait of a city hanging on the visible parts of the wall, and soft yellow light streaming from what seems to be a lamp inside the room. It seemed half of the drapes were pulled to the side to let some sun in, and Lisa wistfully eyed the chaise in front of the balcony. The temperature's been dropping lately and what she wouldn't give for a little sunbathing on a chaise lounge right now.

She sighed and set her coffee cup on the floor, then sat on the carpeted floor in front of her glass balcony doors. The sun has pulled up nicely now and she still had a few hours before she needed to fix herself and fix the apartment anyway. Lounging on the carpet won't hurt.

And so, she did. Deliciously near naked in the sun, she wished for those warm summers and a scrumptious tan but she knows the closest she'll get would be a hint of red on her skin and maybe carpet burns but she had nothing better to do anyway.

She lazily stretched across the carpet, long legs spreading across the sun exposed carpet. She propped her left arm under her head while her right hand slowly traced the intricate threads on her crotch, one leg propped up and tapping to a random beat on her head as her ears filled with the soft buzz of the traffic 23 floors below.

Lisa stayed that way for a few minutes. Her mind aimlessly went through a few things she needed to finish this afternoon for work, then forced herself to detach. For someone Soo-Young claimed to be uncaring Lisa's a fiercely competitive person and loved winning, if anything. Her father may not always see the value of her not working for any of their family businesses, but he always bowed down to her tenacity. She may be young but she's a vicious yet smart worker and always got what she set her eyes on.

The sound of faint murmurs roused Lisa. Her head propped up slowly, eyes finding the source of the voice.

A woman in slim-fit navy blue tailored trousers and fitted warm white camisole was now in front of the chaise lounge she was just eyeing earlier. She's idly standing and looking in front of her balcony while seemingly waiting for the person on the other end of the line, her phone propped in between her left shoulder and her ear.

She doesn't seem to be aware of her nude neighbour just yet.

Lisa pulled herself up a little and rested her elbows back on the carpet, just enough to give her a good view of the woman in the other apartment. She's still pacing around in her beige stilettos, her other hand affixing a gold watch on her left arm. Lisa couldn't hear her actual words when she started talking, the glass panels and the distance muting the conversation.