TWENTY-SIX

"Is the skunk asleep?" Taehyung asks as Jeongguk enters the living room. The younger snorts at the question. "Come on it wasn't that bad."

Taehyung gives Jeongguk an unbelieving look. "Haven't you smelled that?"

"I have," the younger sighs "but I'm not that finicky."

Taehyung looks at him in disbelief. "I just hope he never poops in my arms again."

"Yeah yeah let's hope that." Jeongguk says, biting back a smirk.

"Well since he's asleep now, do you want to order pizza and watch a movie or something?" the elder asks hesitantly.

Jeongguk feels a wave of happiness wash over himself, causing him to crack a smile. "I'd love to."

"Great." Taehyung exclaims, taking out his phone. "Can you start netflix? And I'll order the pizza. Which one do you want?"

"Uhm hawaiian please." the younger answers.

Jeongguk makes his way over to the television and starts netflix. After finishing his order, Taehyung lies his phone onto the kitchen table.

"Should be here in 10 minutes." he informs Jeongguk.

The younger sits down beside Taehyung, their legs slightly touching.

Taehyung doesn't seem to notice but Jeongguk surely does but he just doesn't want to pull his leg back. He enjoys being so near to the elder.

"What do you want to watch?" Jeongguk asks, looking at the male beside him.

"Just choose what you want. I'm okay with everything." the elder answers, eyes not leaving the tv screen.

Jeongguk skips through the different movies. He hesitates as he comes over "Your Name". It's his favourite movie but he's sure that Taehyung's not the fan of romantic movies.

Just as he wants to continue his search, Taehyung stops him with his arm. "We can watch it if you want. Like I told you,  I'm okay with everything."

Jeongguk looks at the elder with wide eyes. He totally didn't expect this but who is he to complain.

These are the small things that make Jeongguk's inner "why I love Taehyung" - list longer and longer.

Is there a man out there more perfect than him? Definitely not, Jeongguk's sure of that.

Just as he's about to start the film the door bell rings, signaling the two men that the pizza has arrived. "Perfect timing." Taehyung exclaims while getting up to get the pizza.

Only seconds later he comes back with the two cartons. "Here you are."

"Thank you." Jeongguk says as he takes the carton from the elder. "How much did it cos-" he begins but the elder shushes him immediately.

"It's alright, okay? I asked if we could order so it's on me. Just enjoy your meal."

Jeongguk blushes at the statement, feeling the familiar giddiness again. Oh god, he's so helplessly in love and he can't do anything against it.

And it doesn't help that Taehyung sits down right beside him, even closer than earlier so that not even paper would have fitted between them.

Jeongguk starts the movie and both males watch quietly and eat their pizza. After they finish their food, they both lean back to get in a more comfortable position.

And slowly, Jeongguk feels the elder's arm sneak around his shoulders, causing his breath to hitch.

It feels like his heart's about to beat out of his chest. It was such an unknown feeling to have the elder's arm around him. But Jeongguk couldn't deny that he loved it and that he never wanted it to stop.

Jeongguk takes deep breaths in order to calm himself down a bit, trying to regular his breathing again.

After some time he gathers a bit courage and slowly lies his head onto the elder's shoulder. He's not sure why he did that or where the courage even came from.

Just as Jeongguk begins to worry that he has crossed a line he feels Taehyung lean his head softly onto his own.

And now Jeongguk really feels like he's about to pass out. Is Taehyung really cuddling with him?

The young male feels like he's dreaming.

And of course, just as he manages to calm down a bit the movie gets to the sad scene that makes him cry everytime.

Why didn't he think of that while choosing the movie? He'll embarrass himself when he starts to cry like a baby next to Taehyung. Jeongguk, you had one job.

Jeongguk tries, he really fights to hold back his tears but he can't. Only after a few minutes the first tears run silently down his cheeks.

And of course, it doesn't take long until Taehyung notices and slowly lifts the younger's head. "Hey, don't cry." he whispers, voice so soft.

And again, Taehyung manages to surprise the younger with his actions. How could he think that Taehyung would laugh at him?

The elder softly wipes his tears and presses the younger against his chest, rubbing his back soothingly.

Jeongguk snuggles into the fabric of Taehyung's shirt, inhaling the elder's comforting scent.

Home. That's what it feels like. That's what Taehyung feels like. Being held by Taehyung, that's home to Jeongguk.

He never understood all those books and movies that said that home is not a place but a person. But now he does.

He slowly looks up at the elder, seeing him already looking down at him.

Jeongguk's heart beats hard against his ribcage, making him feel like it would jump out any moment.

He sees Taehyung leaning down to him, eyes locked with the younger's. Taehyung's lips brush against Jeongguk's, causing the younger to close his eyes.

Taehyung starts to kiss him, softly and carefully, his hands linked on Jeongguk's back, holding the younger as if he's afraid that he could leave him.

Jeongguk places both of his hands on the elder's chest as he kisses him back with the same softness.

Jeongguk feels warmth spread over his entire body as he's finally able to kiss the man he fell in love with.

Love can come in a short amount of time, under any circumstances. But it comes and Jeongguk has found it.

They both pull apart, looking at each other with adoration.

Jeongguk softly rests his head onto Taehyung's chest, closing his eyes in contentment.

And then with a happy smile on his lips and in the warm embrace of Taehyung, he drifts into dreamland.

Ahh so Taekook finally kissed! It wasn't planned for them to kiss in this chapter but somehow the whole situation seemed perfect so there it is: the first Taekook kiss!!