Chapter TWENTY-EIGHT

Alexandrea's P.O.V

Red and blue. That was all I could see immediately I got to the restaurant. My head was aching from the loud siren of the cop's car and the ambulance. I watched as some people carried the chef's pale and lifeless body into the ambulance.

"I just....I came to dispose the trash and....and I saw him.....I saw him on ...on the floor. There was a large hole...a bloody hole on his forehead. Then...then I screamed and called the ambulance.....and....and Alex too" Maria explained to the cops as she cried and hiccuped.

I sat on the stair at the entrance of the restaurant with my arms hugging my knees. I just couldn't comprehend what happened. He is gone. The man that was like a father to me is gone. I couldn't even cry.

"Alex! Hey, Alex!" I saw my group rushing over to meet me. Bex, Zoey, Eli, Eddy, Luke and Nick. Yes, Nick. They finally reached me and Bex and Zoey sat on both my sides.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm so sorry"

"We rushed here as soon as we heard"

"Please say something"

"Alex?"

They a threw questions at me except Nick who was on his phone. Too busy to care, I guess. I just stared at them because if I said I was okay, I would be lying.

"He's gone" I muttered in a small voice which I didn't believe belonged to me.

Bex and Zoey pulled me into a hug as I just stared. Stared at nothing. I don't know what I was feeling. Emptiness just swirled inside me.

"I need..." I said and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"What do you need sweetheart?" Eli said as he caressed the back of my palm with his fingers smoothly.

"I need to be alone.... please" I said quietly as I looked down.

"Um...Are you sure you'll be fine?" Zoey asked glancing at Bex.

"Please don't try anything stupid...." Bex said as she put her right arm around me.

"I just...I won't"I sighed.

"Promise?" Eddy said as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I promise" I said. I wasn't planning on doing anything anyways. I just needed time to think.

"Take care of yourself" Luke said and I don't know why I felt odd towards him.

"I will. Thanks guys" I smiled a little and stood up as they all gave me worried looks except Nick, whose face was glued to his phone and Luke who was smiling at me. I don't know if it was an encouraging smile, or pity smile. It was just a smile. I smiled back and began to make my way towards my car.

"Hey!" I heard a sniff and felt a touch on my shoulder. Then Maria came into view.

"Are you okay?" She asked with worry in her puffy eyes and I nodded. "I already talked with the cops. The...chef was shot. They said they will start investigation immediately. Don't worry, we'll find the person who did this" she assured me and I gave her a small smile.

"Thanks Maria" I smiled and she nodded. "I'll be going now, bye" I said and got into my car. Then I started driving to the only place I know that I can think properly. The Beach.

I arrived there and parked my car. I removed my shoes and got down from the car, feeling the fine sand bury my feet. I wiggled my toes and began walking. I got to the shore and sat down on the sand without bothering to fold my sweats as I stared at the blue water. I took as deep breath and closed my eyes, inhaling the smell of the salty water.