Chapter 30: Retaliation

What do you when your life turns from simply focusing on battling gym leaders to winning league to become champion to which girl do you like more without screwing them over. That is exactly what was Ash's life right now.

Ash and his not so intended to remain just friends are today moving through Cornelius city,the home of next gym battle.

Ash sighed as all were walking in silence.

"Ok! Look guys. Umm..I do realise it is a pretty awkward situation for all of us . Since you both told me yesterday apparently that you want to  in relationship but I just need some time to think and tell you my decision so until I decide, can we all just try to pretend that things are normal and we are just friends. Because I can't have my gym battle in clear mind if I am dealing with internal crisis." Ash said.

"Of course Ash . All the time you need." They nodded.

"Thank you ." Ash sighed relieved as they proceeded towards the gym but Dawn and Serena were now already eager to get him and that was certainly not gonna stop them from showing who is better in front of him.

Just as they arrived at the Pokemon center, they saw that it was already filled  with many trainers and Pokemon.

"What is the matter?" Ash asked a kid

"The gym leader . He is just too strong here. If you are here for a gym battle, then don't stop here . Try Somewhere else. There are lot of gyms . He is just too powerful with his Blastoise ." He stated as he ran away.

"So this is a water type gym. Well looks like he is powerful. But I am gonna beat him." Ash pumped his fist in the air determined.

"Be careful, Ash. " Dawn warned him .

"Ya! He does seem pretty brutal in his Pokemon attacks. Look at these pokemons." Serena held her chest.

"Don't worry. I will be careful." Ash smiled.

"So you are here for a gym battle. Well my name is Charlie and I am the gym leader of Mill city . There is no judge at my place because I believe rules are pretty clear. This is 3 on 3 battle with no substitutions." He said.

"Alright! No substitutions. Well! I have never actually done that anyway. " Ash sighed.

"Alright! Go Marshtomp." He brought out his Pokemon.

" He brought out his Pokemon

"Ok! Go Pikachu." Ash brought out his Pokemon.

"Marshtomp! Use torrent." Charlie said as water ray started to come out from Marshtomp hitting Pikachu.

"Pikachu ! Use volt tackle ." Ash said as lightning covered Pikachu and it started to run fast . Marshtomp was quickly hit to wall and was knocked out.

"You did fine job, Marshtomp. Return." Charlie said.

Ash wondered "that was so easy."

"Go Milotic!" He brought out a fish like Pokemon.

"Use attract." He commanded.

"Dodge it , Pikachu by using your tail to jump and then use thunderbolt." Ash said as Pikachu used thunderbolt just as attract was about to reach him.  Milotic soon fell.

"Good. Return Milotic." Charlie said.

"This is too easy. This battle is a piece of cake ." Ash groaned. Charlie smiled knowing what Ash was thinking.

"Go Blastoise! Hé brought out his final Pokemon as it stated at Pikachu.

"Pikachu ! Use thunderbolt." Ash said.

"Blastoise! Withdraw." He said as Blastoise hid in its shell avoiding any damage.

"Good! Now use meteor shower." He commanded.

"Meteor shower. He had never heard of any such move." Ash was confused

Soon large whirlpool of water in crystallized form fell from above and knocked Pikachu out .

"Pikachu ! " Ash raised his eyes.

"You did your best.Go growlithe." Ash brought out his second Pokemon.

"Now Growlithe! Use flamethrower." Ash commanded.

"Use hydropump ." Charlie said as before Growlithe could even attack , it was hit against the wall knocked out .

"What the .." Ash looked startled and returned growlithe.

"Alright! Go Zorua." Ash looked at Charlie defiantly.

"So it is Zorua for final beating. Blastoise! Use metor shower." He commanded.

"Zorua! Dodge it ." Ash said as it struggled to dodge them but it kept coming and hit it.

'I have to do something about this meteor shower " Ash frowned .

"Blastoise! Now use hydrocannon." He said as Blastoise withdrew itself in its shell and started to rotate shooting large pressures of water.

"Wait ! That is it . It has already used it's moves. Zorua! Use imprison." Ash said realising.

Imprison hit the Blastoise as it stopped moving.

"Oh ! That was s good move. But we have gotten more for you. Blastoise! Use hurricane." He chuckled as water started to collect in form of rotating wind moving towards Zorua.

"Oh no! Zorua, use illusion." Ash said as it covered the whole field and Blastoise was confused and the tornado disappiated.

"Good! Time for our turn. Use payback." Ash said as Zorua started to hit Blastoise out From shadows scratching his face with double the force it used on Zorua.

"Blastoise! Use hydropump." It commanded.

"Zorua! Dodge it." Ash said as Zorua moved aside.

"It is all or nothing. Zorua! Use night slash ." Ash said as Zorua's eyes gleamed and dark fangs grew out of its paws and it hit Blastoise knocking him out.

"Yes! You did it , Zorua. You just were able to use night slash successfully." Ash cheered as it raised Zorua.

"Congratulations Ash ! It was a great battle indeed. Here is your torrent badge" Charlie said handing him a badge.

"Thanks Charlie. I just got a torrent badge." Ash jumped up in the air as Dawn and Serena looked at each other .

"Now gym battle is over." Dawn said.

"Which means I am gonna make him fall for me." Serena said as both glared.

As the journey continues.