Chapter 4

Someone's here.

We step around the bush trying to make our back home without being detected, I walk with light feet being careful not to attract any attention to us.

Out of nowhere multiple footsteps are coming our way and we both set off running, we don't even see the entrance before a wolf blocks our path. We turn to see another and then I look around and see we're surrounded.

I grab Bailey's hand keeping her close to my side "We don't want trouble." I announce looking at three gold glowing eyes, "if you let us leave they'll be no trouble."

More wolves surround us but there's no sign of the alpha anywhere, I don't recognize any of these wolves and I just hope they'll leave us alone.

That quickly changes when two betas start making their way to us, Bailey squeezes my hand making me look over at her. Her eyes scan our surroundings probably looking for the alpha, who's not here surprisingly.

The two betas are now circling us which confuses me a little, you only circle someone your protecting or preventing to leave. I try step out the circle and get growled back into place.

I feel a pull towards the dark woods as heavy footsteps approach, the scent from earlier on today hits me once again making Nia go a little crazy. Whoever's coming isn't a wolf as they're footsteps are just regular.

My eyes go black with lust as my heart quickens at the thought of putting a face to the scent, the footsteps stop before I can even see a face which irritates Nia. "Let her be." A deep voice full of authority says, his voice sends shivers down my back.

The two betas start spacing out and I feel a pull, I turn to see Bailey trying to pull me away before this man changes his mind. I want to stay though, I don't know why but I want to see him, and thank him maybe?

"Nadia come on!" Bailey hisses and I knock out of it, I turn ready to run but take a quick glance at the darkness where the voice came
from before running off.

We head off running home until we're safely inside our elevator, "What the hell was that?!" Bailey huffs as she fans herself, I don't even look at her worried that my black lust-filled eyes are still there.

When our doors open we part ways going to our separate rooms, I make my way to my room and into my connected shower. I open that showers and put it down to cold before stepping in.

I make it a quick shower and dry my hair and get ready before going downstairs to eat, I walk past our living area and into the kitchen where our mom is "Hi mom!" I greet her and she moves to me placing a kiss on my head.

"How was your first day?" She asks preparing a plate for me.

"Good, I was kinda stuck with someone though." I tell her just as Bailey walks in.

"Call your sister!" Mom tells Bailey just before she takes a seat, she sighs but exists and I hear her knock on Tili's door and tell her the food is ready with my wolf hearing.

"Who's your new guide?" Mom turns back to me giving me a plate, I look down to see well cooked meat with a little rice a vegetable but the meat takes to majority of the plate.

"He's name is Tomas Hall I think." I grab a broccoli.

"Hey! Wait for your father!" She turns to me and put my broccoli down "Tomas Hall you said?" I nod "Aw the Halls have a sweat heart, poor guy lost his alpha."

"How'd you know that?" I ask as Tili and Bailey walk in and take their seats, Mom just gives me a small smile and then my dad walks in. He grabs my mom by the waist spinning her and giving her a kiss. I look away not wanting to see that.

I mean, it's an everyday thing but I've only been in one relationship and that wasn't the best. "Looks good honey!" He takes a seat at the head of the table and mom hands him a plate before sitting down.

"Let's eat!" Mom announces and I pick up my broccoli and munch on it.

"You guys took your time." Dad says putting rice in his mouth, I look over at Bailey who's giving me a glance.

"We kinda ran into a pack." I tell him and his eyes widen.

"A pack?!" He repeats and I nod "What have I told you guys about being around other packs when your out?!"

"It was totally an accident!" Bailey speaks up "Nadia was waiting for me to shift back but we fell asleep and then they just surrounded us."

"Nadia." Dad voice warns, I look down knowing what I should have done. I've been instructed to never wait for her to shift in the woods because it kinda takes long and wolves are very territorial.

"The alpha let us go though." Bailey adds to the silence "Well he let Nadia go, who would by the way!"

"Snitch." I hiss at her and she rolls her eyes, I look up at my father who's kinda just looking over at mom "What?" I ask catching the look they're sharing.

"Nothing darling. So Tili how was school." She changes the subject completely. Tili starts talking about her day at school, she and Bailey still go to a human filled school. A place I didn't fit in.

I mean I don't know if I can still go to S.S.S (Supernaturally Safe School) but I guess you can't know based off of the first day right? It's a school filled with diversity if I don't fit in, imma take the option to be home schooled.

When dinner is over I go do the dishes as Bailey drys and Tili places then back where they're supposed to be, my afternoon is filled with family time.

Dad snuggles with mom as we watch a movie and then play some social games, not every day is like this. Only Monday's mainly because we have enough time and everyone's home.

When nine o'clock hits Tili's the first to yawn setting us all off and then we all get ready for bed, even in bed my ass can't go directly to sleep. I hug myself getting in the position that works for me before dozing off.