CHAPTER 27

Next day - Friday - Around noon 3.00pm

Arnav strode into RM after attending two meetings in a row. Though it was a holiday today because of Holi but what can stop Arnav Singh Raizada from working even if it is a holiday. Another reason was to divert his mind from the thought which was disturbing his mood and peace since he heard the conversation between his Di and Nani about Khushi and Akash last night.

He went towards the stairs to go to his room and he saw his sister sitting alone on the sofa reading magazine. He stopped and look around, house seems quite today to him.

"Di .. What are you doing here alone? where is everybody?", asked Arnav standing in front of his Di in living room.

"Chottey ... you are here ... I was waiting for you ... I didn't have lunch ... I thought I could have it with you .. I just came from the orphanage an hour ago.", Anjali smiled and stood up leaving the magazine on sofa.

"What?? You didn't have lunch? ... Sorry I had lunch with the clients ... and where is Nani, Mami and Akash?", ask ed Arnav.

"Nani and Mami went to meet some neighbours, and they are back ... just getting fresh up ... they will be coming for lunch ... and Akash is out with Khushi for lunch and Arush is sleeping", said Anjali while moving towards the dining area.

What?? Akash and Khushi are gone out for lunch??? , thought Arnav angrily.

"Chottey, you have done lunch ... but at least come sit with us", said Anjali turning to Arnav with hopeful eyes.

"No Di ... I got some work to do ...", said Arnav and without waiting for reply stormed to his room.

Anjali sighed looking at her brother's back ... wishing he could spend some time with family rather than drowning himself in his work.

---------------------- After an hour

Arnav was trying to work on laptop but his mind was going back to the thought of Akash and Khushi together out spending time with each other.

Is Akash interested in Khushi??, he thought ... the image of Akash helping Khushi get up in the studio when she injured her foot came into his mind.

Is Khushi interested in Akash too??, he thought ... and the image of Khushi smiling back at Akash came in his mind.

NO ... its not like that ... his mind screamed to him ... Akash was just helping her, he thought.

But then what Nani and Di were saying about them ... No this can't be true ... he stood up angrily.

He started to pace in his room. His mind playing the images of his and Khushi's moments together.

When they were in lift, when Khushi kissed him on cheek, when he yelled on her and she shouted back, when for the first time he touched her on her back, when he carried her in his arms, their dance, his intimate touches after the dance, how she touched him on his bare chest ... then their first real kiss.

Khushi haven't said anything about what she feel but he knows deep down that she feels for him ... it was clear from their kiss previous night. She wasn't participating but neither did she back out. Her moans and touches were telling him that she had enjoyed it too.

Then how can Di think about Khushi and Akash like that ... No .. it won't happen ... I won't let that happen. With that thought he went out of his room.

--------------------- Meanwhile in the living room

Nani, Mamiji and Anjali were sitting in one sofa talking about neighbours and on the side sofa Akash and Khushi were sitting with Arush on Khushi's lap. Khushi was talking to her mother on phone. While Akash was playing with Arush.