Chapter 2

The cab driver dropped me off at the giant building that I have been looking at pictures of at work for the past three months. The pictures didn't do this beast justice. I sit at that front desk of The Fitness, the gym I work at, everyday and ponder what it would be like to get a job here. When I saw the job opening as the personal assistant, I jumped on it. Thankfully I got a call back for an interview.

I didn't noticed how nervous I was until I was standing in front of the building.

As I walked in, a pretty brunette looked up from the front desk.

"Hi, how may I help you?"

"Hi, I'm here for my interview as the PA."

"Oh, you're Annabelle. I'm Morgan. We spoke on the phone."

"Oh! Nice to meet you and please call me Anna."

"Okay, well Anna, come with me and I'll show you to the bosses' office"

"Well, thank you."

We got into the elevator and she pressed the button for the 32nd floor. The top floor.

"The top floor?"

"Oh, yes. That's the bosses' office suite. The whole floor to themselves."

"Wow!" I said. "They must really be something."

She laughed. "You have no idea."

"By the way, I really hope you get the position. Every girl that has come in, hasn't made it. Your way nicer than any of them so I could definitely see us getting along."

I laughed. "Well, thank you. I really hope I get this job. I've been dreaming of it for months."

The elevator dinged, signaling our arrival on the top floor.

"Mr. Carter?" Morgan asked through an intercom to another room I'm assuming.

"Yes, Morgan?"

"Annabelle Parsons is here for her interview."

"Okay, thank you."

"Good luck," she whispered giving me a thumbs up. I smiled confidently at her but I was actually extremely nervous inside.

A door opened across the room.

"Mrs. Parsons, please come in."

I didn't see who the voice belonged to but it was very masculine.

As I walked in I stopped in my tracks when I saw the two most attractive men I have ever seen.

One of them has sandy blonde hair with piercing green eyes while the other has dark brown hair and dark blue eyes.

They both had suits on but the dark haired one had taken off his jacket, leaving him in his white button up shirt and his tie hanging loosely around his neck.

"Mrs. Parsons," the blonde one said.

"Oh, um, it's just Miss. Definitely not Mrs. No ring on this finger." I held up my left hand to show them and mentally slapped myself. I'm such an idiot.

The dark headed one smirked at his brother who returned a grin.

"I'm Kane," the dark haired one spoke and I noticed he was the one who called me in. "And this is Austin, my brother."

"It is nice to meet both of you," I said sincerely.

"Please take a seat" Austin said.

I nodded and walked to the chairs in front of the desk. Austin sat at the desk in front of me and Kane leaned against the window behind the desk. It overlooked the city. It was beautiful. I was distracted by the view of the city and didn't notice that Austin had begun talking to me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch what you said."

"I said, let's get started shall we?" Austin said.

We went through a normal interview. Asking all the questions that they needed to know. I felt extremely confident in my answers and in the way I executed answering them. Once they were satisfied, they thanked me for coming in.

"Thank you so much Mr. Carter and Mr. Carter-" I laughed. "-for your time." 

"Please, call us by our names Ms. Parsons," Austin said.

"Well, you must do the same," I explained.

Kane chuckled. "That's only fair. Annabelle,"

"Anna," I interrupted.

"Anna, we expect to see you tomorrow morning at 8," Kane finished.

"You mean I got the job?" I asked.

They both nodded.

I jumped up and immediately ran to them to shake their hands. "Thank you so much. I promise you will not be disappointed in me."

"I have no doubt," Austin chuckled. Kane just continued to smile at me from his spot on the window.

"Again, thank you so so much!" I said as I made my way to the elevator with the two of them trailing behind me. I turned to look at them as we waited for the elevator to come up and I realized how very attractive they were. Now that my nerves had calmed, I took the moment to look at them. And I mean really look at them. May I just say, wow.

The elevator dinged and I smiled at them one last time before turning.

"Annabelle," I heard Austin's masculine voice behind me.

I shivered.

"We'll see you tomorrow morning," Kane said.

I nodded, not trusting my voice as the doors closed.When I got to the lobby, I saw Morgan.

"See you tomorrow morning Morgan!"

"Really?" she said excitedly.

"Yes!"

"How 'bout we celebrate tonight!"

We exchanged numbers and set up to meet at a bar later tonight.

When I got home, I told Calli all about it. Leaving out my attraction to my bosses though, and I talked her into coming to the bar with me and Morgan tonight.

Today has been a good day.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++