Chapter 44

Emma heard Jonas talking on the phone as she entered their bedroom. 'Yes it was lovely, we should get together more often. Yeah I think it will be good for both of us.' Emma frowned. He was brushing through his wet hair and she sighed and sat on the bed. His eyes following her through the mirror 'Listen, tell Ariel hi and I'll see you guys soon.'

He ends the call and continued to comb through his hair. Agitated and more than angry she glared at him 'Who was that?' He didn't answer immediately but he did glare back. Annoyance lining his face.

'Ariel's father. He's the chief editor of Citizens. He wants you and my girls to be on their cover for next month issue...' he turn to look at her, eyes blank and she didn't know what he was thinking. 'I’ve told him yes.'

Emma stared at him. Really? 'You said yes without consulting me?'

'Figure you wouldn't mind...'

'Yeah? How did you figure that?' Emma couldn't believe that he'd actually agree to such a thing. Not that anything was wrong with it but she didn't want to be on any cover. Nor did she want her daughters. 'No.'

'He's my friend that's why I agree. It's not that big of a deal, it's a respectable magazine.' he argued looking even more annoyed.

'I don't care. And what really pisses me off is that you agreed to it without even asking if I was okay with it. It doesn't work like that Jonas.'

He only shook his head 'Fine.' He said simply moving to the bed 'How was your day anyway?'

Emma swallowed 'It was okay.' she stared at him as he got in bed and turn on his computer 'Can I ask you something?' Why the hell was she so nervous? At his distracted nod she continued 'Why won't you touch me?'

His head snap to hers, a crease forming his beautiful face. 'Don't be ridiculous, I touch you.'

Emma shook her head 'Right, you don't even kiss me anymore. You go to work and you come home and it's like you are still there. I want things to go back to the way they were.'

'Emma...'

'No Jonas. I know you are busy but at home you are supposed to be mine...' she took a deep breath. She took a chance and told him her thoughts and feelings, all the while fearing rejection. She watched him lock down his computer and put it on the bedside table. She crawled to him and straddled his lap. His arms wrapped around her and he held her close. If she was smart, she would be pissed at him, he had just rejected her downstairs and her she was with no shame, crawling back to him. What was wrong with her? Why can’t she stay mad? She knew the answer, it pounded in her chest. Her marriage was in trouble and she had no way of saving it. But maybe sex can help them get closer.

'I’m sorry I haven't paid much attention to you lately. I promise, once this deal is over I will be a better husband. We can maybe go on our honeymoon...'

'Are you serious?' She squealed excitedly. And with that she kissed him, a kiss that quickly got heated. It consumed her, like fire, it cascade her entire body. It gripped her, making her belly clench and as the kiss got hotter so did the place between her thighs. It has been so long... too long since he kissed her. Held her. His hands molded her hips as he pressed her down onto his erections. It made her ecstatic that she can still do that to him. Maybe she didn’t turn him off after all. 'Oh Emma we shouldn't...' he moaned even though he continued to suck on her neck.

'Why...' she moaned. She grinds in on him even as she hurriedly push down his sweat pants. Hand move just as fast and pushed up her skirt he didn't bother removing her underwear just push it to the side 'Oh Jonas...' she moaned when he stuck two fingers inside her. Emma groaned and enjoying the feeling of being in her husband’s arms. 'Please more...'