Chapter Thirty-Five

Lunar's POV

My phone ringing at 3:15 AM brought my attention away from a dream about Jax taking me on a terrifying roller coaster, jolting my body into a sitting position as I looked at it. Castian was calling but why so damn late? Rubbing my face, I brought my phone to my ear, mumbling, "H-Hmm?"

"You want to help me do some shit we probably shouldn't do?" He chimed excitedly through the phone. I could hear him panting as he was running around someplace and climbing things. As much as I was grateful to escape my dream... I wanted to go back to sleep.

His question had Mr. Lincoln turned over immediately as he cuddled into my pillow, not thrilled with the wake-up call as I yawned, "Where are you and what exactly are you trying to get me involved in at three in the morning?"

"Awe, is watchdog listening, hm?" Cast laughed into the mic, earning a roll of the eyes from Mr. Lincoln as he continued, "Grow a pair and meet me at the Spooks."

"Castian, I am--," He hung up as I groaned, worming my way out of Mr. Lincoln's grasp to hold me into bed and getting up, pulling on jeans and a hoodie before heading downstairs and grabbing my shoes. I knew better than to ignore Cast's invitation. When he said I was the only one he actively invited to things; I believed him.

Without missing a beat, Mr. Lincoln was right behind me, holding up a breathing mask and grabbing his keys, "Yeah, yeah, I know. I can't stop you so I might as well join you."

"I wish you could stop me but I'm not going to let Cast be stupid alone," I stretched, following him out the door and crawling into the Cadillac, "I just want to go back to bed."

He chortled, letting me manage just a bit more sleep as we drove to meet up with Ozora. When we arrived, he sat on the roof of the first building, the breeze blowing his hair and bandana as I put on my mask, coming over as he hollered, "Ah, you arrived!"

"This better be good or I'm killing you," I huffed as he jumped down and landed in front of me gracefully, my arms folded over my chest.

"Come, come, My Child," He bowed like Dracula, mocking Mr. Lincoln's species with ease, "Don't be such a fuss. I think you'll quite enjoy tonight."

"I will punch you," Mr. Lincoln called from the Cadillac, making Cast laugh as I started following him further into the Spooks, "I may be a Fang, but don't think I believe in all their methods. Sometimes violence can be the answer, it just depends upon the situation. I'm sure they'll understand a Mutt needs training."

"I'd like to see ya try, Old Timer. Rogues can't be trained, but I'm sure Fangs make great snacks," Castian narrowed his eyes, a playful snarl in the back of his throat. He backed up as he walked, drawing his focus back over to me as he pointed, "But, seriously, I think you're going to love this."

"I'd love to be back in bed, does that count?" I pouted as a male stepped towards us, he was wheeling a wire out from a house. The recognition of the house made my skin pale up, "Cast, no."

It was the same house with the tall man that had horns and wings. My hand involuntarily reached for my throat, my thoughts remembering how the burn marks formed. I had scars there that were in the shape of a hand. It took me weeks to stop having nightmares. I don't regret anything about that night, but I wished that part didn't happen.

"Lunar, yes," He grinned over at me, waving over to his friend, "Meet Aiden. Aiden is a good buddy of mine that has no hesitation in blowing shit up. He's very much agreed to piss things off tonight."

Aiden kind of looked like a more innocent version of Anthien. Both of them had dirty blonde hair, small cheekbones, and a slim-yet-fit build. Aiden's eyes were more of a hazel-pink color, sparkling under the lamps. He had a boyish smile, his bottom canines jutting over his top ones as Ozora's did. They seemed damaged, having steel fillers on the tops to keep them sharp. He wore stretchy jeans that stayed comfy during times of exercise, a short-sleeved shirt with a matching jean jacket, and worn-out sneakers. His shoes were all beat-up, you could tell he desperately needed a new pair, but I wouldn't doubt he had no money for that.