Epilogue pt. 1

The beginning of the end... Enjoy.

I run into the living room not passing one, not two but four cats so I can click the answer button on my laptop. Fuck me, shit fuck. I've missed a call from Jeffrey once today. I will not do it again.

"Hi!" I smile, and sit down, hoping it doesn't look like I'm as big of a mess as I actually am.

"Cherry! Hey, how are you?" He asks, holding his phone above him as he lays on his couch.

"I'm running around like a crazy person, but I'm good... I'm really good." I tell him.

"Alright well I talked to Colombia, and Xavier and they like everything you've done so far.. I think this is a first for me though I'll be honest." He laughs.

"What?" I ask.

"Managing someone who's pretty much doing everything on their own.. What has it been? Two years since I've seen you face to face?" He laughs, and I nod.

"Not since my going away party... Thank you Jeffrey.. I wasn't sure if you'd... If you'd want to manage me, but I didn't really want anyone else." I tell him. "Oh! I forgot, I have that last song.. I finished it up if you want to hear it." I tell him, and he sits himself up.

"Let's hear it." He nods his head, and I turn my laptop towards the piano next to me, and then move to sit down at the piano bench.

"This one is probably one of the most special ones for the album." I tell him, and he nods, ready to hear the song.

*play little voice by sara bareilles*

I've been practicing this one, so the simple melody is easy for me at this point.

"It's everything I am, and what I'm not, and all I'm trying to be." I sing, feeling beyond confident in the song.

"This is the part where I spit it all out, and you decide what you think of me.." I smile at the keys, and close my eyes.

"I'm not trying to be complicated , I'm never waiting to get the last laugh... But I've been handing out benefits of the doubt, and I'd like a little bit back.." I take a deep breath and go into it.

"It's just a little voice... and if you're listening , sometimes a little voice can say the biggest things.... It's just my little voice that I've been missing." My chest gets heavy as I feel overwhelmed, knowing this is the last track.. This is it..

"Looking over the precious moments , it hurts don't it... They can cut both ways." I pick up on the piano, and continue on.

"No amount of remembering the better things will make the bad ones go away...But I've been broken, and the one to blame. So my savior of self defence taught me to say what I can't sing..." I nod my head with the tune, and go into the chorus again.

"It's just a little voice, and if you're listening.. Sometimes a little voice can say the biggest things! It's just my little voice that I've been missing.... It's just my little voice that I've been missing." I finish the song out, and nod, taking a second before I turn around to look at Jeffrey.

"Cherry..." He sighs, and I clasp my hands together, looking at him for an opinion. "That little voice is going to be heard by millions... I'm proud of you.. We all are." He tells me, and I let out a sigh, thankful that he likes it, but then excited. "Well... Are you gonna get up and celebrate? We've got an album that was entirely written and produced by you!" He reminds me, and I get up, doing a big dance.