052. Starting the Aftermath

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI HAD BEEN released from hospital a week following her attempt. Bucky was with her. She had hardly communicated with anyone. She'd avoided all eye contact with him.

Bucky refused to give up on her though. She had agreed that him moving into her room was a good idea. He didn't have much stuff to begin with, just some clothes. 

He had made sure everything was fixed for when she came home. Nobody had explained it to Becky. Bucky especially couldn't think of how to tell a young eight year old that the woman she looked up to most in this world tried to take away her own life because she felt empty.

Bucky had ahold of Gemini's bag. She merely sat there. "Gemini, will you just look at me please." He asked her softly on the day of her release.

She fought the urge, but altogether lost and ended up looking up to her boyfriend. He hadn't shaved in a while, his hair was hidden under a beanie hat. He placed his fingers under her chin, to continue her looking at him as he sat across from her. "I love you." He smiled.

She was shocked to even hear the words out his mouth. "You're not, mad?" He shook his head. "Why?"

"I more feel guilty that you couldn't come to me when I come to you with all my shit. I felt like I was responsible." Gemini shook her head at him. "I'm not mad because I'm more happy that you're still here and I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying with you through this and I'm gonna help in whatever way I can."

Gemini looked up to him, tears in her eyes. Bucky thought he'd done something wrong in that moment. "Oh Gem." He brought her into a hug as she cried into his shoulder. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." She apologised against his chest.

"Don't be sorry, doll." He informed her. "What kind of man would I be if I let the woman I love fight this battle alone?" He asked her rhetorically.

"Thank you." She kissed his cheek before moving away from him, standing up. "For not being mad. I can tell Nate is."

He followed her in standing. "He's not mad. He's more worried and guilty. Worried that you did that and guilty because he thinks that you thought you couldn't come to any of us." He explained. "If he's mad now, he's probably more mad at himself. It'll pass, okay?" She nodded. "Good, now lets go home."

He held out his hand for her, which she took nervously. She sat in the car waiting for Bucky as he dropped her bags in the back of the car. He sat in the front starting the ignition

|/\|/\|/\|

Bucky stopped the car in the garage, looking to Gemini. He was about to get out when he noticed that she wasn't moving from her seat.

"Gem." He placed his hand on her leg, making her look to him. "What's up?"

"I can't go in. Tony'll be mad at me." She explained. "I failed him, as a friend. I tried to leave he's never gonna forgive me." Bucky took note that she was beginning to get worked up.