🎄when christmas comes to town🎄| rill boismortier x reader

Author's Note:

In this one shot, both you and Rill are nine and ten years old! So cute!

Happy Holidays!

Rill's Point of View:

I truly had a masterpiece in my hands. Still, it means nothing to me if I can't share it with her. Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I rushed to show (Y/n) my new piece of art. Her and I have been friends since we were babies. It'd be wrong to keep it to myself.

I stumble into the grand room with a playful smile on my face. As expected, the petite (brunette, blonde, etc.) was standing in front of the Christmas tree, her back facing me. Her silky hair was tied up in a red bow and her gown was white as snow. She looked like an angel.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Guess what?!" I nagged, concealing the picture.

She turned to me with a gentle gaze and tried to peek behind my back. I shook my head. "You gotta guess, silly!'

Pouting for a moment, she taps her chin and snaps her fingers in realization. "Is it a new painting?!" She gushes.

I nod, finally revealing it to her. It's a picture of a green stocking hanging over a fireplace.

"Rill! It's beautiful!"

I hid my face behind the canvas so she wouldn't see me blush. Seeing right through me, she lowers the painting and grins widely.

"You can't hide from me, genius." She laughed. "You're definitely in the holiday spirit, huh?"

"Oh definitely! I'm going all out this season!" I exclaimed, pumping a fist into the air. "Aren't you?"

Her beautiful smile fades to nothing as she averts her eyes. "No, not really."

"Oh...well why not?" I frowned.

"...Now that my parents are gone...I know it won't be the same," she muttered.

"Oh." I understand now.

"Maybe I shouldn't even celebrate Christmas this year. It feels wrong without them, Rill."

Heartbreaking tears fell from her (e/c) eyes and I felt the need to embrace her, so I did. She cried into my shoulder, struggling to balance out her own weight as she broke down. We both found ourselves on the ground, still refusing to let go.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed. "I don't know what's come over me."

"It's okay, take all the time you need."

We stayed this way for a while until she calmed down. Even though she no longer cried, I felt it wasn't enough. She needs to be more than okay. She needs to be happy. So, getting a brilliant idea, I took her hand and led her to the attic.

"Why are we here, Rill?" She coughed. "It's too dusty."

"I know, I know, but hear me out!" I urged, clearly excited.

Deciding to stick around, she nodded. "Okay, fine, but this better be good."

"It is! I promise," I grinned. "Just close your eyes until I find it, okay? It's a surprise."

She covered her eyes and tapped her foot as if I was already taking an eternity. After rummaging through some old knick knacks, I finally found what'd I'd be searching for: a little toy train and its designated track. I quickly set it up on the floor, arranging the track into an oval shape.

"Open your eyes," I told her.

Slowly, she removes her delicate hands from her face and I watch her soft features come to life with amusement. She kneels down to get a better look and follows the train with her eyes, watching it go around the track over and over. The lights on the trains were twinkling, making a mesmerizing reflection in her (e/c) eyes.

"Woah..." she breathed. "This is beautiful. Where'd you get it?"

I shrugged. "From Santa, I guess. I remember feeling particularly glum the year I received this. My parents left me at home alone on Christmas night and there was just one gift under the tree...It was this one. I pretended there were little passengers on the train so I wouldn't feel so lonely. Surprisingly, it worked. I forgot all about everything else."

"So, you pretended? And it worked?" She gaped.

"Yep! Your imagination is a powerful thing." I nodded. "Tiny passengers might not have been as great as having my parents with me, but they served their purpose."

(Y/n) smiles brightly before standing up to leave the attic. I follow suit, curious about her sudden mood change. She runs to her coat, reaching in the pocket for a small paper. I can see that it's a photograph of her parents.

"Look, Rill," she says, holding the picture closer to me. "What do you see?"

"Hmm...I see your parents...and something that looks like...looks like a...train?" I deduced.

"Yep! They took this picture before boarding a train to come see me for Christmas," she grinned. "It was one of the best Christmases ever!"

Finally understanding, I gasped in realization. "Is that why you wanted to show me this?"

She nods rapidly. "Yeah! I just thought it was a nice little coincidence."

"I agree!"

She tucks away the photograph once more before saying, "Let's get back to decorating, shall we? There's work to be done!"

"That's the spirit!"

The End.

Author's Note:

Polar Express is my shit!!!

Word Count: 826