🎄baby, it's cold outside🎄 | fuegoleon vermillion x reader

Author's Note:

Today's the day! ;)

Happy Holidays!

Your Point of View:

"...And so I told him to shove it up his ass!" I wheezed, telling the same story for the hundredth time in a month.

"You didn't!" Fuegoleon mused.

He didn't mind, though. He understood my humor.

Coming down from our fits of laughter, I catch a glimpse of the time. I guess the evening flew by quicker than anticipated. If I don't hurry back, Marx is going to kill me!

"Hey, I should get going," I said, gesturing to the clock. "It's pretty late."

I was about to leave, but a disapproving Vermillion stops me in my tracks.

"But you know there's a blizzard on its way, right? It's dangerous out there," he cautioned.

I shrugged. "Nah, I should be fine. The castle isn't too far from here." I proceeded to grab my coat, but once again, I'm prevented from doing so.

"You might as well stay the night," he suggested. "It's way too cold outside."

I shook my head. "I wish I could, but I'm already late as it is."

"I'll tell Julius it's my fault," he offered. "I don't want you to freeze to death."

"Fuegoleon, I won't die out there," I laughed. "If it makes you feel better, I'll wear an extra coat, but I'm leaving regardless."

"Fine, maybe you won't die...but I'll die of loneliness," he sighed dramatically.

I rolled my eyes, wondering how long he'll keep this up. "You'll be fine. Now, let me get my things and I'll be on my way."

As I'm grabbing my purse and coat, I'm almost convinced that he's given up. That is...until I try to make it to the door.

"Fuegoleon, let go of my leg," I droned, limping to the door with all my strength.

"But you'll leave if I do that."

"Well no shit, Sherlock," I sneered.

"We haven't even gotten time to get cozy," he whined, finally standing up.

He held me like I was a teddy bear, making sure I wouldn't abandon him. If the other Crimson Lions saw him this way, they'd think he's a different person.

"Maybe next time, bub."

"But you haven't even kissed me goodbye."

"I've kissed you quite enough for one night," I laughed. "Now, let me go before the blizzard comes."

As I said this, an idea seemed to spark in his head. He released me, but not before grabbing my coat and dragging me to the couch again.

"Well before you go, can we have one more drink?" he asked, already pouring up a glass for me.

Deep down, I really didn't want to leave so soon, so another drink didn't sound too bad.

"Sure, but just one," I smiled, holding up my glass to clank with his own.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a bit, sipping on our champagne. It's actually been a while since we've been able to have some time alone like this. If not for Marx and his strict rules, I wouldn't hesitate to stay.

Well, one drink turned into two... and two into three. Soon enough, I'm giggling like a little girl, thinking of all the stupid things Marx has made me do.

"One time, he even told me to interview every single Magic Knight within a three mile radius to find out who was sneaking into the kitchen after hours," I explained. "Turns out, King Julius was just sleepwalking!"

Fuegoleon, not as affected by the alcohol, still laughs his ass off, listening to my many stories.

"Anyways, I think I should probably get going for real this time," I interjected.

"True, but that may be a problem," he says.

"What do you mean?"

"Look out the window."

I comply, peeking behind the curtain. Immediately, I'm greeted by nearly eight feet of snow, blocking my view.

"Shit."

Narrator's Point of View:

In the end, (Y/n) finally came to her senses, realizing how much wiser it'd be to stay with Fuegoleon. They shared a few more drinks, maybe some kisses, and most importantly, they shared a multitude of laughter.

If only it was always cold outside.

Author's Note:

WHY AM I SO SLOW WITH THESE UPDATES?!?!

Word Count: 702