Chapter 12: Stay Golden

Song: Old Friends by Ben Rector 

Beep

Beep

Beep

Hermione rolled over and turned off her alarm. She let out a sigh. Before she had the chance to jump out of the bed, Draco put an arm around her and drew her back towards him.

"Don't go," he mumbled into his pillow, "stay a little longer."

Hermione grabbed his hand, "I wish I could, but I got to meet Ginny to discuss wedding plans."

Draco let go of her and turned around to face the opposite direction. "Fine. Go. Leave your fiancé sitting here... alone. " he said, kiddingly. 

She laughed at him and jumped out of the bed. It only took a few minutes for her to get dressed and get out the door. Once she was out in the hallway she made sure no one was around and apparated away. 

When her feet met solid ground again she was standing in Ginny and Harry's apartment. Looking around there wasn't anyone in their living room.

"Ginny!"  Hermione called out, "Are you here?"

A few moments later she came walking in the room. "Sorry, I was busy in the other room."

"Oh," Hermione looked around for a moment, "Where's Harry? It's Saturday morning."

Ginny sat down on the couch and picked up some magazines off the coffee table in front of her. "He's helping George out. Something about getting him a muggle phone."

Hermione chuckled to herself, "I'll believe it when I see it." 

"Come sit," She said, gesturing to the seat next to her. "There's some magazines I want you to look through. I circled some of the dresses I thought you might like."

Hermione picked up a magazine and took a seat, "Knowing you I thought I would have tried on a dozen wedding dresses by now."

"just you wait," she muttered as she flipped through pages of possible venues. "We're going dress shopping this afternoon."

The two of them talked amongst themselves for a while, flipping through magazines and catalogues alike. In the matter of two hours they had decided on an altar and the bridesmaids dress colors. 

Out of nowhere Hermione smiled to herself and said, "I'm getting married." It was almost as if the reality of it all was just then hitting her.

"That's right," acknowledged Ginny.

"To Draco Malfoy," The brunette said slowly.

"I do believe."

Hermione laughed to herself, "If someone had told me ten years ago, Hell even 5 years ago, that I would be marrying Draco Malfoy I would have thought that they were crazy. Like, poor the milk before the cereal kind of crazy."

Looking up at her Ginny had an amused expression on her face, "Well, you're the one who went and fell in love with him."

She looked down at the floor and blushed a little, "I know."

Just a moment later two people apparated into the apartment with a pop. Hermione's eyes lingered on the floor a few seconds before she looked up. Standing ten feet away from her were two of her oldest friends.

"Hermione," said Ron, surprised to see her.

"Ron, Harry." Responded Hermione, equally surprised.

The fluttering of wings interrupted the awkward silence. An owl had flown in an open window and dropped a note in Ginny's lap. She gave it a treat and put a couple of knuts in its pouch before opening it. When she opened it her eyes scanned the paper and she stood straight up.