6: Encounter With the Unkown

<Two Months Earlier>

Rin was walking home when her phone went off. She shifted the bags in her hands so only one was holding all of them. The contact read 'Ironing man' and she immediately answered.

"Hey Einstein, how is it living a quiet life for once?" Rin asked the man on the other end of the line.

'Oh you know, just working on Pepper's gift. Other than that nothing much. Morgan says that she has a gift for you the next time you visit."

"Aww, well tell her I can't wait to see it. So why did you call me?"

'Wow, I can't call the only person who doesn't lecture me about getting off my ass and doing hero work.'

"Well that might change since I'm also working to become a hero now."

'Really?'

"Yep. Actually got into the number one hero school here."

Rin someone's following you.

'Well perfect, I have this old experiment that I've been tinkering with lately. Maybe you could test it out for me?' The grey liquid covered her eyes to show someone peaking around the corner. He was wearing a mask and wearing a black hood. She blinked the liquid away and answered Tony.

"Uhh yeah I would love to test it out. Hey uhh I gotta go, deal with something really quick. Can I call you back in a sec?"

'You better call back, Morgan wants to talk to you.'

"I promise I will call, see ya."

'Bye.'

She hung up and continued walking. The footsteps behind her, slowly getting faster and closer to her. When they sounded like they were about a foot behind her she turned around ready to fight, and found nobody standing there. She turned back the direction she was going and found the masked figure standing right in front of her. She jumped back and her arms were engulfed in the black liquid.

"Who are you?" She yelled, now terrified that she was alone with this person who probably didn't have good intentions.

He didn't respond and ran at the girl. She dodged his attack, leaping onto his back shoulders and jumping forward. She swung her body around again to find him pulling out a knife from a thigh holster. He ran at her once again, this time trying to stab her with the knife.

She dodged his constant attacks and was slowly being backed into a corner. He was able to get a hit in as she felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. Using a tendril she grabbed his wrist and twisted it, causing him to let go of the knife. She pulled it out and Venom immediately healed the wound. With a solid punch to the side of his head, the man dropped to the ground knocked out. She walked around his limp body, keeping an eye on him until picking up her groceries.

When she turned back around to make sure his body was still there, it was gone. She didn't know what to do and looked in every direction around her. When nothing happened for a while she sprinted back home.

Back at her apartment she locked the door behind her and pressed her back up against it.

"Who the hell was that? And what did they want with me?" She managed to say in between gasps.

"I have no idea who that guy was. But don't forget that you gave a little girl your word that you'd call her back." Venom said while appearing in front of the girls face.