III. RUN BACK HOME, LITTLE PRINCESS

Our seven horses galloped across the bridge from the palace to the Bifrost

          Our seven horses galloped across the bridge from the palace to the Bifrost. I was wearing a black hooded cape over my battle attire, that flapped behind my back, against the wind. I felt a nervousness coming over me as I rode my horse, Aura. Of course I desperately wanted to follow my brothers on this mission, but it was still my first. And who knows what kind of idiotic things Thor could do that would end in us fighting the Frost Giants.

          We all stopped and got off our horses to walk the rest of the bridge, where Heimdall stood. I stroked my hand through Aura's white mane, before resting it on her neck. I gave her a bit of my energy before leaving to follow the others, it was a long bridge after all. I walked behind Loki as we headed towards the Gatekeeper, wondering how we could get passed him. Loki walked passed Thor, deciding to take matters into his own hands and use his "silver tongue".

"You leave this to me." Loki whispered. "Good Heimdall-"

"You're not dressed warmly enough." Heimdall interrupted, already knowing Thor's intentions. Well, so much for that.

"I'm sorry?" Loki tried playing it dumb, which obviously failed when you're trying to trick one who sees all.

"Do you think you can deceive me?" Heimdall asked.

"You must be mistaken."

"Enough!" Thor finally jumped in, knowing this wasn't going anywhere. "Heimdall, may we pass?"

"Never has an enemy slipped my watch until this day. I wish to know how this happened." Heimdall said. "But bringing along the princess? It is forbidden."

"We're not going into battle, Heimdall." I smiled, hoping it was enough to get pass.

"Very well." Heimdall let us pass to the Bifrost.

"Tell no one where we have gone until we returned. Understand?" Thor asked. Heimdall nodded, letting us through.

"What happened? Silver tongue turned to lead?" Volstagg teased, which Loki was of course very annoyed by it.

"You did kind of muck it up." I added. Loki just scoffed at my comment as we walked into the observatory. We stood before what was about to become the famous burning rainbow bridge. Heimdall used his sword to start up the Bifrost, sparks of lighting emerged from it and lit up the room.

"Be warned. I will honor my sworn oath to protect this realm as its Gatekeeper. If you're return threatens the safety of Asgard, Bifrost will remain closed to you and you'll be left to die on the cold wasted of Jotunheim." Heimdall warned, very dramatically in my opinion.

"Couldn't you just leave the bridge open for us?" Volstagg asked.

"To leave the bridge open would unleash the full power of the Bifrost and destroy Jotunheim with you upon it." We all took in a deep breath, worrying for the worst to happen.