Chapter 14: Catching Feelings

Jayden's POV

"Baby, can I come in?" I called out to Kylie as I knocked on our hotel's en suite bathroom door.

"No!" she screeched and I heard something fall probably out of panic.

"Are you okay, Kylie?" I asked worried.

"I'm okay. What I meant actually is you can't come in right now," she told me nervously and I could tell she was leaning against the door now.

"It's been close to two hours since you got in there, Kylie. What's going on in there? I'm coming in."

"Please no, Jay. I'm uhm, I'm naked," she announced making me chuckle.

"Baby, I know what your naked form looks like plus we could use that to our advantage," I breathed seductively as a way to convince her to open the door.

"No Jay!I'm doing some womanly stuff I promise you wouldn't want to know. Give me fifteen minutes babe and I promise I'll make it up to you," she coaxed me and I groaned in annoyance.

"Ugh. Fine.I won't come in," I groaned then retreated to our king sized bed that was neatly made.

I lay on my back and closed my eyes. I was exhausted. Being a CEO was harder than I thought and it came with multiple responsibilities.

I also had to keep our other businesses running but with the help of my father of course. He was a very supportive man and his love for me was unconditional, that I was sure of.

I had had sleepless nights with Layton and our legal teams finalising our merger. After a lot of struggle it was finally happening and we had the board of directors in place, employees and management. By the looks of it our merger was going to be a major success and benefit both sides very well.

I also had multiple meetings for my company regarding upcoming projects, upcoming launches, settling financial deals, meeting investors and also striking billion dollar deals with respectable clients.

I was also working with Lisa on ads for our jewels and she was doing a great job. She was very passionate about her career, hardworking and had the prowess of a Casella just like her mom.

Working with the Casellas had proven to be something worth it and pleasant. It was fun and hectic at the same time. Our high school closeness was gradually coming back and it was amazing.

The hotel we were currently in belonged to the Casellas and it was one of the best hotels I had ever been in.

We were on a private floor together with Kyle, Layton and Lisa so Kylie and I had freedom to share a bedroom and do whatever we felt like doing.

The previous day, we had taken the day off work to celebrate Kylie's birthday and we did everything her style. It was a dream come true for her and I was happy that I was able to make her happy.

Later in the day, we had a date then we went shopping. I spent around a million on her and she still wanted more.

I realised that she had bought lots of lingerie. I didn't ask her why because I didn't want to pry too much into her things. Maybe it was career related or maybe she wanted to wear it for her boyfriend.

The thought itself made me smile. I loved Kylie and I loved all the effort she put in to please me. She was just the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I heard a knock on the door interrupting my thoughts. I stood up and ambled to the door then opened it.

I saw Kyle standing there and the moment he saw me he hid something behind him and gave me his nervous grin.