Epilouge

Alice went back to the kings chambers. It was time to part ways with the young King. It was a relief to be able to go back home but despite all he'd done to her she'd miss her bonded. Parcival was doing better so they'd decided to depart.

She opened the Kings chamber door to find the king looking out the window. He'd been waiting there. Dreading this moment.

"Your highness?" Alice smiles at him weakly.

"I've told you please call me Theodore. We are equals." He turned to her and she could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Theodore, it is time for me to leave."

He mustered her. Thinking. After realizing that he wasn't going to answer her, she graciously took a few steps towards him and wrapped her arms around him. "Goodbye King Theodore." She whispered as the King lifted his hands wanting to hold her but he didn't. He let his hands fall back to his sides. He wouldn't go with her wishes, and so he didn't feel the right to hold his bonded. Alice didn't think much of his strange behavior and when she let go of the embrace she looked up at him as he looked down.

"Take care, Alice." He whispered. His feelings for her made his head spin and if he could choose he'd lock her up and never let her go but he also wanted her to want him. Locking her up would never lead to her loving him.

Her lips curled into one last smile before she turned and left the room, her dress gently flowing behind her.

Minutes had passed and the King knew what he had to do. It was time for him to take off his crown. With both of his hands he lifted the golden crown, embroiled with gems off of his head. It had been in his family for generations but now he had to leave it behind.

He spoke a small prayer as he gently set it down on his desk. With one last glance towards it he turned and walked out of his cambers.

Stepping into the cellar of the castle he'd undone his clothes with the help of his servants and put on armor. His eyes looked fierce as he set the helmet over his face. He wants about to let his bonded go. Not by herself. He would go with her, as a knight in disguise even if it meant risking his life, and their relationship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so I'm writing a second book. I can't help but think that there needs to be more to this story.

I'll call it "The crimson Queen".

Let me know what y'all think of the idea.