Chapter 63 - Hayden

Fuck, I'm excited.

Tomorrow's the day. It's finally happening—I get to marry the love of my life, and I swear I can't wait to fucking finally see her walking down that aisle.

I just want to call her my wife, want her to carry my name.

"Do we really have to do that?" Mila groans, and I glance over to see Jas crossing her arms in front of her chest, narrowing her eyes at her best friend.

"Yes, you do."

They're still discussing that damn tradition of not sleeping in the same bed the night before the wedding. Honestly, I'm not even phased by that. I'm just watching them silently, sipping my morning coffee in contentment.

Truth is, no matter what they decide, there's no way I'm not sleeping next to my wife-to-be.

"Hayden, please help me out here." Mila shoots me a pleading glance, obviously as annoyed by Jasmine as I am.

"Jasmine." I turn to look at her. "We're not doing that. Mila is almost seven months pregnant and doesn't need her nerves wrecked because of this."

"Ah, come on..." Jasmine rolls her eyes. "She won't be nerve-wrecked. We're doing our little bachelorette thing, and then she's coming home with me and we'll finish with a sleepover. Popcorn and all."

"Jas—"

"No, Mila. You'll be one of those boring wives as of tomorrow. I just want one more night with my free best friend."

I widen my eyes at her words. "Damn, you make it sound like she's going to prison."

"With you as her husband? Fuck yes, she's going to prison. As if you'd let any other man ever look at her again," Jasmine says, and I can't really fight her on that one, honestly.

"You realize I'm still here, right?" Mila asks, her arms crossed as she glares at her best friend.

I have to stifle a laugh from the sight. She's so goddamn cute when she's angry. "Come here, love."

Mila turns to me when I address her, taking my outstretched hand before I pull her in my lap. "I don't want to spend the night without you," she whispers, and I can't help but grin, knowing once again we're on the exact page.

"Then you won't. Just give her what she wants for now, okay?" I whisper back, hoping to hell Jas won't hear me. My pregnant fiancée seems utterly confused, and I snicker before I press a kiss on her lips, trying to reassure her. "Just trust me, Lucky. You won't sleep alone tonight."

And then she finally nods, a huge beam on her face when she brushes her lips against my nose. "Okay. I love you."

"Love you too," I retort with a smile.

"Good God, you're getting worse and worse with every goddamn day." Jas rolls her eyes at us, but I just shoot her a wink as I pull Mila closer.

She might not be wrong, but I absolutely do not give a single fuck about that.

***

"Bro, I don't get it. It's the one time in your life you're allowed to have strippers and be in a relationship." Kilian shakes his head at me.

I'm just about to say something to that when Abe chimes in, "I don't think that's how it works, Kill."

"Yeah." I nod. "I second that."

"Wait, what? Are you serious? Man, why are people getting married, then?" Kill asks, and I can't help but snort at that question. Sometimes I wonder why I love that idiot so much.