Chapter 63: Revelation

A/N: There will be spoilers ahead if you haven't read the manga.

Chapter 63:

Welcome back, stupid...?

WELCOME. BACK. STUPID?

Mizuki's eyes twitched in annoyance as she processed her ex-boyfriend's harsh greeting.

"Stupid...?" Mizuki crossed her arms irritatedly, "You have some nerve, Tsukishima-san..."

"Tsukishima-san?" Kei scoffed slyly, "Did you finally gain some manners over in Brazil?"

The two gawked at each other, their playful banter easing the anxieties they harbored within, and burst out laughing.

"Sorry, I didn't mean the whole stupid thing..." He cleared his throat, "I was just surprised to see you."

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean it." She smiled softly, causing him to sigh in relief.

"So... How are you?" Kei mumbled, finding it difficult to look at her alluring eyes directly.

"Good... You?" Mizuki replied as calmly as she could.

"Good..."

"That's good..."

"Yes... Good..."

"If you both say good one more time, I swear..." A teasing voice emanated from behind, interrupting their sad, awkward conversation.

They both turned their heads and noticed their long-time friend, Akaashi Keiji, smiling at them.

"Akaashi-san!" They exclaimed simultaneously.

"Hi Tsukishima, Hi Toma-san," His gaze darted back and forth between the two, "Was I interrupting something?"

"No!" They answered at the same time.

"Are you sure?" He tilted his head to the side skeptically.

"Yes!" They replied in unison.

"Wow... Did you both rehearse your answers?" Akaashi laughed tenderly.

"No!" They denied as one.

They stared at each other quizzically and eventually, Mizuki said, "What I meant to say was that you weren't interrupting anything. We just bumped into each other."

"Yeah, exactly." Kei confirmed.

"Oh... Well, it's good to see you both!" He chuckled warmly.

"You too, Akaashi-san. How have you been?" Mizuki asked.

The last time she had talked to Bokuto and Akaashi was a few weeks ago when she told them about her plans to visit Japan for the match.

"Actually..." Akaashi smiled sheepishly, his gaze wandering to his left hand.

Mizuki and Kei stared at his hand in amazement - his ring finger had an engagement ring around it.

"Kou proposed to me a few days ago..." He explained elatedly.

"Congratulations!" Mizuki eagerly hugged her friend abruptly.

"Congratulations, Akaashi-san..." Kei smiled, still in disbelief, "How did Bokuto-san propose?"

"According to Konoha-san, he was supposed to propose at the rooftop of our apartment, but before we could even get there, the box fell out of his pocket... He didn't even notice," Akaashi shook his head as he remembered the failed proposal, "I picked up the box and the rest was history."