⇢ CHAPTER 52

season 8 episode 16 & 17 & 19

Holly leaned against the Nurse's station in front of the O

Holly leaned against the Nurse's station in front of the O.R. board, not paying attention to April and Mark's conversation until April scoffed, "Dr. Sloan--"

"Everybody wins." Mark noted as April stuttered.

"Th-This is sexual harassment, you know that, right?" April reminded, making Holly begin to walk over.

"I think of it as sexual encouragement." Mark corrected, making April walk away in disgust, "Think about it, Kepner." Holly frowned her eyebrows as she saw Mark give April a thumbs ups, "Take one for the team."

"What are you doing?" Holly questioned, squinting her eyes at Mark. 

"I'm encouraging your sister to sleep with Jackson." Mark answered truthfully, making Holly smack him in the chest, "It was a suggestion!"

"You're disgusting." Holly shook her head.

"...Unless you want to--" Mark suggested, making Holly smack him again.

"In case you forgot, I have a boyfriend!" Holly scoffed, making Mark raise his hands in surrender.

"I wasn't forcing you to!" 

Holly rolled her eyes, "Stop pimping for Jackson and go... save lives, or something."

✧✧✧

"Okay," Jackson paced around the room as Mark studied the cells in the microscope, "let's go over the game plan again. If we see my mother..."

"We're buried with work today." Mark answered in a monotone voice, not paying much attention to Jackson.

"And..." Jackson waited for him to finish, but at hearing no response continued, "you're sorry but Jackson has no time to spend with her, okay?"

"Jackson," Holly spoke breathlessly, closing the door behind her, "I think your mother hates me."

"What?" Jackson frowned his eyebrows and walked over as Mark momentarily looked away from the cells, wanting to see where the conversation panned out.

"I, uh," Holly spent a second to catch her breath, "your mom came in the hospital and asked if I was single, and I said no so she got excited and then I showed her a picture of Logan and I and she literally just walked away." Holly shrugged, "With no reason as to why and when I went to go ask her why, she said she was going to find you and call someone named Mara Keaton."

Jackson frowned his eyebrows more, "Mara--?"

"Oh, my God." Holly sank down the wall, "Does your mother hate me?" She nodded her head, "Mothers hate me, it's a thing... I guess?"

"His mom doesn't hate you, Holly." Mark rolled his eyes, going back to the cells as Jackson gave him a look.

"Oh," Jackson noted, "now you're paying attention."