Chapter 17: The hostel plan

Alexander's POV

"Next!" I yelled, yelling for the next person to come in.

I slouched into the couch, crossing another name of the list.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this? Its probably just the desperation talking," Justin said chewing a mouth full of pop corn.

I was back again at Justin's house and doing a couple interviews. Since Zoe demanded that I stop bothering her, I was going to get someone else to do it for me.

I need to get a bodyguard for her. Of course she would never agree, that's why I also want the person to be close to her as a 'friend' that way I would be rest assured that nothing happens to my baby.

"She doesn't want me bothering her. I have to do this," I answered trying to convince myself. I didn't have to but I felt it was for the best. Especially since I'd be going on a two week vacation soon.

"Didn't you just sign a contract?"  He asked. "Isn't this technically an irregularity."  He said.

"There was a clause in the contract. It said I couldn't bother her, it never said I couldn't hire someone to do it." I stated proudly.

Justin shook his head at me.

I know I'm very obsessive at times. I'm beginning to see that too.

But I can't stop thinking about her, I see her in the most unlikely situations. She has a grip on me that I can't seem to shake off. I know it's crazy but I just feel I should have the same effect on her too, like the one she has on me. Even if she feels like she hates me.

Getting a bodyguard would put me at eases. It would help me to stop making excuses to be around her so much.

"Do you always have a plan for everything?" He asked.

"Yap," I answered looking for the next name on my interviewee list.

I had only lost a battle, not the war.

The contract may have set my plan a step back but I was still ahead of the game.

"So,"Justin started. "Do you still plan on taking the baby from her?" He asked.

The baby is mine, I already made that clear to her.

"Yep,"  I answered. "The ex-boyfriend Gerard is coming back to New York in about two months. Let's just say, I'm willing to offer him the job of his dreams in exchange of a simple favour." I said mischievously.

All I had to do was prove she wasn't a suitable mother.

From what I gathered, Gerard was an ambitious, money loving asshole. A couple of dollars would do the trick to convince him into doing anything.

The next guy walked in. I took a deep breath to caln myself and get my head in the game.

I needed someone who looked friendly, someone who was easygoing and could easily woo his way into her life, (basically someone who was the opposite of me) and most importantly, someone who could protect her.

This time I contacted an agency, they said they'd bring in their best guys.

As the guy approached me, I began to notice his features.

He was about 6.2 feet tall and muscular. Veins trailed his arms, looking like they'd pop any moment.

His arms were covered in tattoos, mostly of serpents and written words, and a cross on his upper arm.

He was bold with a resting bitch face.

His hands were fisted, one punch would probably land you in hospital.