⇢ CHAPTER 53

season 8 episode 20 & 21 & 22

Standing in front of the hospital's portable computer, Holly stared at the scans in front of her as Derek nodded at the Chief of Surgery, "Hunt, she has a temporal bone fracture

Standing in front of the hospital's portable computer, Holly stared at the scans in front of her as Derek nodded at the Chief of Surgery, "Hunt, she has a temporal bone fracture. I'm gonna have to do a middle fossa approach." 

"Okay," Bailey pointed at the other scans in front of her, "there's an aneurysm in her celiac artery. I'll need to put a graft in."

The anesthesiologist spoke up as Derek quizzed Holly on what to do in case something went wrong, "She's ready to be put under, Chief."

"Wait." Meredith quickly turned and walked over to the young woman a helicopter had rescued from the bottom of a ravine and had injuries matching those of tortured victims, she placed a gentle hand on the woman's arm before speaking delicately, "You were running from someone, right? Is that how you fell? No one's gonna hurt you. We just need to know your name."

"He-- He called me 'Susan.'" The woman answered in a whisper, "But I-I think it's 'Holly.'"

The doctors looked at each other, the name brought chills along with distraught as Holly looked up at Derek and momentarily shook before muttering, "Well, that's not creepy at all."

"Yeah," Holly nodded as all of the surgeons worked on saving the other Holly's life, "her name was Holly Wheeler-- when she was abducted, my parents kept calling me in case he was searching for someone with the name." 

"We don't know anything yet." Derek defended, not wanting Holly to go on a rant as there was already tension in the air, "Let's not jump to conclusions."

"I-It was all over the news," Holly reminded, "she was in the grocery store with her mom, and someone just... took her. It was the summer of... crap, I can't remember." Holly looked up briefly to the gallery, noting Lexie sitting at the front of the small crowd, "Lex! What year?"

Lexie walked over to the speaker before she pressed the button and answered, "2000."

"Ah," Holly nodded, looking at the doctors before focusing back on suctioning, "Summer of 2000."

"So this could be her." Alex nodded, "I mean, what, she was probably eight or nine at the time?"

"She was six," Bailey spoke, the conversation topic clearly striking a nerve in her as she looked up at the doctors and corrected, "and they weren't in the supermarket, they were outside. Her mom bumped into a friend. Started talking about the block party they were having that weekend. Uh, could she bring a salad? They had enough dessert already. I mean, that's how long it took for her to realize that her child wasn't there anymore. Mm." Bailey hummed, tilting her head at the doctors before going back to surgery, "That story runs through my head every time Tuck walks out the door. And--And yeah, we don't know if this is her, so please let's just stop talking about it and operate."