chapter 40

KIKIOPE

  The school management had agreed on the Valentine dinner only on the condition that the dinner would end by 7pm and that all Corpers or students teachers should be present to monitor us, good thing those ones are jasi so, tonight would surely be fun filled.

Immediately the bell was jingled to signify closing, we all went straight to our house to prepare for dinner that would be starting by 5pm.

"Are you going somewhere?" Mama D asked as she strolled into my room. I fluttered my eyelashes 'cause I can't remember the last time she was home in the afternoon or the time she even entered my room.

"Yeah," I nodded while applying the nude lipstick to my lips.

"Today is Valentine, so, where are you going?" She asked with lifted eyebrows and I whirled my chair.

"To school."

"And you're dressed like someone going to a party?"

I stood up and picked my clutch bag from the bed, "Actually, we are having a dinner party at school."

She nodded, "Oh okay, anyway, Felix and I would be going out, and we won't be back till tomorrow."

No wonder. I thought as much.

"Okay then," then I walked out of the room.

"Wow, you look sweet," Sugar Boy complimented immediately I stepped into the living room.

I straightened my red full length straight gown that was parted from the knee before replying him, "Thanks."

"Going out with your boyfriend?" He teased while wriggling his brows.

I chuckled before hitting my clutch bag on him, then I walked out of the house headed to Khalid's place.

"Hey," Khalid greeted with a wide smile as he opened his door widely for me, I assessed him before walking into the house.

He was looking smoking hot and dashing in his red blazers, but telling him would just make his head swell.

"You look gorgeous," he complimented while scrutinizing my body.

"You don't look bad either."

He smiled and I raised my brows, "Your parents?"

"They went out," he replied and I nodded.

"So, shall we?" He asked while opening his palms widely.

"Yeah," I responded before heading to the door while he trailed behind me.

"Where are you going?" Abimbola bellowed immediately she stepped into the compound, Khalid and I glanced at each other before returning our gaze to her.

"Don't tell me you're actually going with this animal!"

I hissed before opening the door to the car, she walked over to my side and Khalid entered the car. While banging the window, Khalid instructed the driver to start the car, she shouted and cursed as the driver drove out of the compound.

"How do you even cope with her?" I turned to Khalid.

He shrugged," I understand she's furious today, you know I chose you over her."

I rolled my eyes before looking out through the window. We stayed in silence till we got to school.

"Is that not Bimpe and Kunmi at the photo booth?" Khalid questioned immediately we stepped into the hall.

I shifted my gaze to where he pointed at, they were both taking pictures, Bimpe was dressed in a red strapless gown, "Let's go and join them," then we sauntered there.