Chapter 35 Birthdays

The next morning I wake up before Maverick I brush my teeth putting on one of Mavericks shirts and a pair of jean shorts. Maverick is laying on his back. He's till half asleep.

I straddle his waist. He opens his eyes looking at me. "Happy birthday baby," I say. He smiles mumbling a thank you. "So what do you want to do first open my present or breakfast," I ask. "You," he says flipping us over.

An hour later

I pull my shorts back on as maverick puts on some jeans. "Now breakfast or present," I ask. "Food," he says and we head downstairs. I make him his favorite breakfast. His parent were suppose to come over for lunch but I'm not sure if they are still gonna.

After we eat we head back upstairs he sits on the couch. I grab his gift giving it to him. He opens it smiling at me. "I love it baby thank you," he says kissing me. The doorbell rings. We head downstairs together maverick opens the door treating his dad ignoring his mom.

I plop down on the couch. "Hey Nichole," Ben says. "Hey,"I say smiling.

Ben put hamburger and hot dogs on the grill. We sit down eating lunch. "Where's the silver necklace I got you," Rachel shad here we go again. "Upstairs," he says. "Why," she snaps at him.

Mavericks a big boy he can defend himself. I keep repeating in my head. "In our room," he says. "Why do you have a gold one," she asks. Before Maverick could answer Ben does.

"What is going on with you," Ben says. Here eyes widen slightly before she mumbles a nothing. "Obviously it's something," Ben says. "Trust me you don't want to know," she says. "Just tell me Rachel," he says. "The other day when I went out with my friends I got really drunk and I didn't mean to it just happened I'm sorry it didn't mean anything," she says.

I stand up grabbing Daisy going upstairs this isn't my business. I plop down on the couch and look at the window it looks like there is a person.

I try to pretend I don't see it. I walk to the side table grabbing the gun. I turn around and see someone standing 15ft away. I shot at there leg causing them to yell in pain. The door busts open and in comes Maverick and ten other guys all had there guns out.

Maverick looks at me then the person on the door holding his leg. Ray steps out of the group of men and grabs him making him stand up. His blood is all over the floor.

I go into the bathroom and grab some wrap to put on his leg so he doesn't bleed all over the floor making a bigger mess. I start wrapping his leg he tried to kick me in the face but maverick pointed his gun at his head so he stopped.

Ray drags him away. Maverick told one of the maids to clean the floor. He has maids that clean the house.

It's currently 1:30. I decide to go get something to drink. "Out," Ben tells Rachel who rolls her eyes and walks out. "I'm sorry Maverick we kinda runined your birthday lunch," Ben says. "It's okay,"  Maverick says coming into the kitchen wrapping his arms around my waist from the back.

I lean my head back looking up at him. "Are you okay baby," I say. "Yeah I'm okay," he says.  I pull away handing him the cup of tea I just fixed making another one. Once we are done we go sit in the living room where Ben is.

Ben decided to go home about an hour ago. It's currently 8:30 we had spaghetti and meat balls for dinner. Maverick and I are watching a movie cuddling on the couch.  The movie ended around ten so we head upstairs.

Maverick showers then I do. I'm currently standing in front of the mirror I have on some black lingerie. Maybe I should take it off. He proably won't like it. "Are you okay in there baby," Maverick says from outside the door. "Yeah," I yell back throwing on his shirt.