4. IT CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN

Taehyung parked his old estate

Taehyung parked his old estate. He rested his head on the headrest and closed his eyes.

How he hated Mondays.

It was only the beginning of the week, and he felt terrible. Since Saturday's events, he has hardly ever slept. He couldn't help but think about Jeongguk and what had happened between them.

Perhaps he was still not ready for dates. After his relationship with Jiwon ended, he was not seeing anyone for a long time. He has only recently begun to meet new people from time to time, but has found it extremely difficult to establish any deeper relationship. He didn't even know why he had asked him on a date.

When he started working here, he set himself clear rules. Never combine work and pleasure. He did not date his clients, much less should not kiss them.

Not as if his life would depend on it.

He ran his hand through his hair in frustration, then got out of the car. He glanced at his phone to check the time, but found he had a few more minutes to spare. So he took out a cigarette and, leaning against his car, slipped it into his mouth and set it on fire. He took a long drag, hoping the nicotine would ease his troubled thoughts.

He was fucking sleep deprived. When he got home, he couldn't sleep, he analyzed what had happened all the time, and on Sunday morning he went to visit his mother and spent the rest of the day with her.

The woman saw that he was thoughtful, and she was watching him closely, but asked nothing. Perhaps she figured out that something had happened that he didn't want to tell her.

He almost overslept this morning. When his alarm clock rang, he was unable to get out of bed, and then he literally ran like crazy to make it on time. He had to fry pancakes for breakfast with one hand, and with the other he put on his shoes to make it in time. He was used to how often his mornings were so chaotic. Reconciling all responsibilities was not easy.

Now he finally had a few minutes to himself. Because of all this, he didn't even have time to drink his coffee this morning. He would have liked to go buy his favorite latte across the street, but he didn't have time for that right now. His first client was about to arrive, and he still had to get the studio ready.

Today he was responsible for the opening. Yoongi and Namjoon had clients a little later, so only he was supposed to be in the morning. He took another drag, squinting his eyes against the harsh sunlight. He was about to start walking towards the entrance when suddenly he caught the strong smell of freshly brewed coffee. Surprised, he looked around.

As his dark eyes met that warm chocolate gaze, he froze. In one moment, so much emotion flooded him that he didn't know what to do with himself. The brunet smiled shyly at him. He stood there for a moment, looking so fucking awkward and cute at the same time.

As always he wore a perfectly cut suit that looked like it was made especially for him. His dark hair was brushed smoothly, glistening with the sun's rays. He looked so damn perfect as if what had happened between them hadn't had the slightest effect on him. In his hand he was holding two mugs of coffee, the scent of which was in the air, caressing his senses.