002. rebel spirit

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER 2.

── ♢ ♢ ♢ ──

𝐈 letted out a gasp of shock as the dark spirit suddenly attacked Korra. Despite my heart beating rapidly in panic, I forced myself to rush straight towards them, with Mako and Bolin following behind. Raising my arm towards the snowy ground to let its natural element wrap around it, I sweeped my formed water whip towards the enormous spirit with a heavy grunt as it dangerously pinned Korra against a rock.

The impact caused it to drop her from its hold and sharply turn around to us. Not wasting a second, Mako punched his fist, blasting continuous fireballs at it while Bolin stomped his foot and jabbed his arm towards the spirit's direction, bending a huge rock. 

"Got it!" Bolin exclaimed proudly before the spirit quickly jumped out of the way, making him shriek as it rushed straight towards us. "Don't got it!" 

Before I could even blink, it roughly slammed into us with his tail which caused me to fly back from the impact. I let out several grunts, harshly rolling down another small cliff and sliding onto the cold snow. Momentarily, I allowed myself only a few seconds of immobility to rest, but the fight was, unfortunately, still ongoing, and I knew I had to get back into the scene. But it was a sudden sharp pain that had formed at the side of my waist stopping me from even getting up from my position on the ground.

"Katrina!"

I forced myself to open my eyes with a colorful curse on my tongue as I felt a firm hand on my back. I looked up and saw Iroh, whose face was filled with worry. I groaned as he helped me sit up. Muttering a quick "Thank you," I quickly look straight ahead to Mako and Bolin, ignoring the burning pain that was jabbing me as I managed to get on my feet. Dad and Tenzin were helping them up. I let out a sigh of relief, thinking to myself, They're okay.

"Are you hurt?" I shifted my attention back to Iroh, who glanced down at my waist where I had been unconsciously clutching the side of it. "You must've been thrown really far since Bolin and Mako are down over there."

"I'm fine, Iroh," I forced a convincing smile, but he raised an eyebrow, definitely seeing through my lie. 

I quickly turned back around to see Korra, who was throwing fire blasts at the spirit that easily dodged it. As Dad hurriedly ran after her for aid, I had taken a step forward to follow them, but a yelp had escaped my lips as the firebender pulled my arm back.

"Katrina, you can deny all you want, but I'm not an idiot," he warned with furrowed brows. "It's better if you stay back here and rest a bit." 

I felt myself pondering at his words as the pain intensified; wanting desperately to just stay with him and get healed, but I knew that I couldn't leave my family fighting alone. "I need to go help Korra—trust me, I'm more than capable."