3. cross your mind

Most people would say, "it's too late to turn back now," or, "you're gonna regret it in the long run

Most people would say, "it's too late to turn back now," or, "you're gonna regret it in the long run." Not you. You were enjoying every single second of sitting beside Spencer Reid in his car as he drove you to his apartment, twisting his hands nervously around the steering wheel. You looked over at him, furrowing your brows as you said, "Spencer, it's just me."

"I'm just worried you're not gonna be able to look at me the same after you see this side of me," he said to you. "(Y/N), I need you to understand that the dominant side of me is very different than the side of me you see at work."

"I kind of got that already," you mumbled, chewing on your thumbnail as you looked out the window, watching the streetlights fly by in a blur, the sky blending into different shades of purple and blue as the sun was setting.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yeah?"

"If we do this," he started to say to you, "if I show you this part of my world— the team can never know. Do you understand? You can't say anything about this to any of them."

"Why would I?" You asked, looking at him. "You think I want them to know I've been letting their shy coworker spank me and choke me and tie me to his bed too?"

A subtle smile overtook his lips, his grip relaxing on the steering wheel at the sound of your words. You smirked at him, folding your hands together in your lap as you asked, "So is that what you're going to do? Are you going to spank me and choke me and tie me to your bed?"

"Not tonight," he replied, shaking his head at you. "But I've got something in mind."

You grinned, feeling your heart jolt with elation. "(Y/N)?" You heard Reid say. "I want you to know— tonight is just going to be a test run. I won't be offended if you don't end up liking it. We can just move on. Forget it ever happened. I mean, I... I- I would hate to lose you as a friend over something so minuscule."

"Reid," you said, smiling at him as you reached out, ruffling your hand through his curls, "you could never lose me. Besides— what makes you think I'm not going to like it?"

He smiled at you, turning into his apartment complex and pulling into a parking spot. He'd been to your apartment twice over the past year you'd been with the BAU but you'd never been to his. You opened your door, stepping out of the car and looking around, a smile tugging on the corners of your lips. Your eyes landed on Reid and you noticed he was staring at you, a wide smile stretching across his lips. "What?" You asked, laughing.

"Come on." He motioned with his finger for you to follow him, leading you inside and up the stairs to the first door on the second floor— apartment twenty-three. He grabbed his keys, pushing them into the lock and turning it, opening the door and stepping to the side to allow you to enter in first. "Make yourself at home," he said to you.

"Is it bad that I actually don't feel nervous?" You asked, peeling off your blazer as you glanced around at the apartment, giggling to yourself. You expected nothing less from a genius with an IQ of 187— simple decor, his PhD's hanging on the walls, bookshelves stacked full with books. You hung your blazer on the coat rack beside the door, turning around to face Reid as he closed the door, locking it.