Chapter 27

"Dinah? I thought she was..."

"As did I, she is alive." answered Camila.

"Clearly I am alive Mila." added Dinah walking up to Lauren.

"Hi, it's a pleasure to meet you. I have heard so much about you, don't worry mostly good. Also don't blame Mila for not being home, I had asked her to come here. Although you can blame her for spending so much time here, girl can talk nonstop." teased the taller girl.

"Tell me about it." added Lauren.

"Oh please I don't talk that much. You talk way more." fussed Camila sticking her tongue out.

"It's two against one, you are outnumbered." winked the Polynesian girl.

"So why did you call Camila here?" the green eyed girl questioned Dinah.

"She wanted to tell me that her life is in danger, that's why she had to fake her death..." spoke up Camila.

"Did you report it?" asked the officer.

"I couldn't. He will find me." mumbled the Polynesian girl.

"He?"

Camila looked to her friend shaking her head, hinting to let her answer instead. Camila stepped closer to her wife, it took all she had to pretend to not feel the sharp pain radiating from her ankle.

"Lauren...I.... was... wrong." stuttered the younger girl.

"Camila, who is it?", asked Lauren once again.

"Alejandro." whispered the smaller girl, loking down.

Dinah stood awkwardly unsure of how the officer would take the news.

"I am sorry Lolo, I should have believed you..." the younger girl said with regret.

Lauren's mind went blank, she did not know how to respond. Running a hand through her hair, her eyes met Camila's own honey brown orbs and they pleaded to her, but she broke their gaze.

"This means you are a witness. Are you sure it's him?"

"Yes, and he was involved with Shawn." spoke Dinah firmly.

The mere mention of Camila's ex husband made Lauren ball her fists.

"You will have to come with me to the headquarters, we can take your statement." added the green eyed girl.

"She can't risk it, he can find her if she goes." stated Camila, getting anxious.

"She will be taken into witness protection." assured Lauren.

The younger cuban girl decided to push her luck and held the green eyed girls hand.

"Can she just stay with us? Its safer that way." she pleaded.

The older girl paused to contemplate if she should let the taller girl stay with them. The memory of Camila telling her in the sweet shop that DJ meant alot to her and that meant alot to Lauren.

"Fine but you both are not allowed to leave the house unless I say so." instructed Lauren looking to both girls.

"Yes of course Laur, I will make sure Mila stays put." promised Dinah.

"Laur?"

"Yes that's your nickname now, deal with it green eyes. Now let's get out of this dump." said Dinah flipping her hair and walking away.

"I still prefer Lolo" said Camila walking away with Dinah.

Lauren shook her head knowing she was in store for more than she could handle.