10. where you belong

The look on Spencer's face said it all as he gripped the pencil in his hand, absentmindedly scribbling notes on the page in front of him as he scrunched his nose

The look on Spencer's face said it all as he gripped the pencil in his hand, absentmindedly scribbling notes on the page in front of him as he scrunched his nose. "Do I have to?"

"Yes, you have to. Everyone's going!" Morgan laughed in response, balling his napkin up from his breakfast bagel and throwing it at him, the napkin landing in Spencer's lap. He quickly picked it up, holding it by the corner and cringing as he stood from his chair, walking over to the trash can nearby to throw it away.

"I never really have any fun when I go out with you guys, though," he said, dusting his hands off on his trousers before he returned to his seat. "I mean— I don't drink, I don't dance, and I especially don't do what... you... do."

"Pick up girls, you mean?"

"Yeah, that."

"Reid," Morgan chuckled as Spencer looked at him, furrowing his brows. "You're constantly asking yourself why you can't ever seem to get a girlfriend. Do you ever think that maybe it's because you never even try?"

"That's very rude. I happen to think the good doctor is very charming," you said, passing by Morgan's desk as you smacked your hand lightly against the back of his head, grinning at him as he shot you a sore look.

"You're just saying that because you two have been seeing each other," Morgan shot back, winking at you.

"That's a lie, and Garcia's gonna pay for ever telling you that," you grumbled as you walked over to Spencer's desk, leaning against it as you smiled at him. "Oh, come on, Reid. The team hardly ever goes out! Just this once. Please?" Spencer looked at you, pressing his lips into an opposing thin line. "Fine. How about this— if I offer you a ride, which means I can't even drink— will you come?"

"I'll consider it," Spencer sighed.

Giggling, you reached out, ruffling your hand through his curls as you stood from his desk. "Okay, now, hold on," Morgan said, raising his hands as he looked at you, raising his eyebrows. "All it took was a ride? A free ride? Are you sure nothing's going on between you two?"

"Even if something was," you giggled, placing your hands on Spencer's desk as you leaned forward, smirking at Morgan, "would you be jealous?"

Morgan leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms as he smirked back at you. "No, I wouldn't, actually," he replied. "Do you wanna know why? Because everyone knows that you and little Einstein here belong together."

"Keep dreaming, Derek," you laughed, giving Spencer a small wave as you pulled away from his desk, his cheeks a light shade of pink. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got stuff to do that is actually worth my time."

Morgan stuck his tongue out at you and you brandished your middle finger at him, hearing Hotch call your name from his office as he gave you a warning look. You hid your hands behind your back, keeping your middle finger up as you walked past Morgan, glancing over your shoulder at him and giving him a wink before you laughed, climbing up the steps of the catwalk to go to your office.