7.5

"We made it." From the side, a voice of relief was heard.

Lu Fengmian turned to Tang Qingshan. Riding a white horse, Lu Fengmian grasped the reins in his hand with a light smile on as they traveled on the grounds of Mo Nation, having stepped down from the mountain just one week prior. Tang Qingshan was riding on a large, black war horse, with his gallant figure sitting straight and tall.

By their sides, Jiang Nianzhen and Lu Yingyue were also riding on a horse too, having spent the last few days to get use to it, they now were able to travel without many burdens.

The amount of soldiers that Tang Qingshan had brought was small, only a minor chunk from the large and loyal soldiers he had trained.

One week ago, Lu Fengmian had offered a plan to help out Tang Qingshan. It didn't take a lot of convincing before Tang Qingshan agreed and they began setting out as fast as they could. With their plans now going, Tang Qingshan had sent out news of his return to Emperor Mo Chou beforehand.

As Lu Fengmian held the reins in his hand, his other hand reached to gently comb through Bai's hair. Tang Qingshan had gifted this horse to him before they had set out. Bai was very beautiful, his whole being pale like the snow. Bai was very gentle, which was why Tang Qingshan felt that the horse suited Lu Fengmian. Being given the horse, Lu Fengmian gave him a name, Bai. It was very simple, but Lu Fengmian felt that the simple name suited this beautiful creature.

"At this rate, it seems that we will reach your cavalry soon, General." Lu Fengmian glanced towards Tang Qingshan, a light smile on his lips with fleeting eyes of light.

Tang Qingshan smiled as he heard Lu Fengmian's words and he nodded his head. "The soldiers that I've trained are situated in Wuwei. It won't take long, at the rate that we're going, even if we go slower, we should be there in two days. I only hope that we will be able to stop everything before it gets out of hand." Saying this, his hand on the reins got tighter.

"General, there is no need to worry. After all, by this time, Fan Zhongwei, your uncle, should have already received your letter. I am sure that he will be trying his best to calm the situation before your return." Lu Fengmian could tell that though Tang Qingshan didn't show much, the man was truly worried for his country and the citizens. Without knowing why, his eyes felt a sting. Was this how Xu Yongheng had felt towards his own country? Lu Fengmian blinked away the redness in his eyes as his smile got even gentler.

Tang Qingshan could tell that Lu Fengmian was trying to help him, or at least, help control the thoughts within his head. It was becoming a normal routine now. Without Lu Fengmian, Tang Qingshan didn't know what he would currently be doing or what other madness he would try to think of.

From the corner of Lu Yingyue's eyes, she watched Lu Fengmian who was chuckling, eyes switching from the chuckles of Lu Fengmian to the smiling Tang Qingshan. Her eyes clouded over, narrowing ever so lightly. The small pair of pale hands tightened around the reins of a spotted horse. She wasn't going to stop Lu Fengmian, she wasn't going to destroy what feelings her brother had. How could she possibly do that to her kind and gentle brother, the boy that she had saved and raised all these years? If anything, she would help him.

Thinking this, Lu Yingyue suddenly smiled. The image of them together was very soothing to her heart, as if they were made for one another. They suited each other, Lu Yingyue couldn't ignore this.

"You smiled." From her side, Jiang Nianzhen stared at the smile laced on her lips, lighting up her face, making her even more stunning.

Lu Yingyue glanced at Jiang Nianzhen as he said this, the smile still on her lips as she replied in turn, "This isn't the first time you've seen me smile." She tilted her head a bit, her bright eyes staring right into Jiang Nianzhen's.