⤷ 08| JILY

chapter eight : Jily

☆ ☆ ☆

"Did you know?"

It was Saturday afternoon and Juniper, Angelina and Alicia had just returned from Hogsmeade and were currently doing their homework in the common room. At this question, the former looked up to see Harry hovering over her.

"Did I know what?" she replied, dropping her quill and leaning back in her chair, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"That your uncle betrayed my parents?"

Angelina and Alicia casted a glance at Juniper before taking their stuff and hurrying towards the dormitory. June nodded towards the seat next to her.

"Sit down."

Harry didn't move. An expression of disbelief crossed his face.

"You knew."

"Harry, cousin, sit down and I'll explain everything," June said, pulling back the chair next to her. Harry fell down on it and looked at her expectantly.

"I did know," Juniper confessed and Harry opened his mouth to reply, but she raised her hand and glanced at him. "Give me a chance to explain, Harry."

Harry closed his mouth again.

"I did knew," she repeated. "Dora, Meda and Ted told me the moment he escaped. So I only knew it a few months longer than you did." June stared down at her half finished essay of Potions before looking up at Harry again. "Maybe I should've told you, but I was afraid you'd go after Black."

Harry casted his eyes down, something that only confirmed what June had just said.

"I know you're tired of hearing this, but he's dangerous, Harry, and I prefer not to lose you."

Harry shook his head. "He betrayed my parents, June. He was the reason they got killed in the first place."

"I know, Harry." Juniper placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"How can I just do nothing? Don't my parents deserve revenge?"

"They do, but letting yourself get killed is not the way."

The two of them sat down in silence before Juniper stood up and put her things in her bag before gesturing at Harry to follow her.

"C'mon, I want to show you something."

Juniper walked towards the portrait hole, not bothering to look if Harry was following her. She knew that her cousin was too curious for his own good.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked, looking up at her in curiousness.

"You'll see when we get there," June replied, fiddling with the sweater she had gotten from her godmother for her birthday. Aubrey had been her mother's longest friend and lived currently with her family in France. The two of them exchanged letters monthly and Juniper had visited her multiple times.