F O R T Y - T H R E E

Hey guys! I had a bit of writer's block but I made it through! This chapter is more of a filler chapter, but things are gonna pick up reallll sooooon :)

Please vote and comment! It lets me know if you guys are enjoying this book and motivates me to update faster. 

Xx alexia

I wake up to streams of light dancing off of the floors and walls of Grayson's bedroom. I can feel Gray's arm draped over my side as I wake, his hand resting on my stomach as his thumb lightly slides back and forth against the silk sheets pressing against me. I don't want to move- I'm so warm and comfortable underneath the thick blankets. Grayson's back also keeps me warm, and his light hand movement against my abdomen almost makes me fall asleep again. 

I close my eyes and bask in the warmth- not just physical warmth, but emotional warmth as well. My heart could not feel fuller than it does at this moment. Grayson marked me last night, and as nervous as I was about that happening, he made it special and as pain-free as possible. Now that I think about it, my neck isn't sore in the slightest- must be werewolf magic or something.

Grayson's hand begins to lightly rub up and down my stomach with a little more force, then he continues to stroke me lower until he's extremely close to my lower region. Since I'm supposed to be sleeping, I keep my eyes shut and try to sit still so I can observe what Gray would do when he thinks I'm unconscious. Does he always caress my body like this?

He gets really close to touching me there, but he never does. His hand just massages my lower stomach as I clench my eyes tightly and control myself so as not to make any embarrassing sounds that would let him know I'm awake. I don't want him to stop.

Grayson cuddles into my side even more, and his lips find my neck as he spreads light kisses to my newly formed mark. I can't help the small intake of breath when his lips touch my skin, and I inwardly curse at myself for possibly drawing attention to my awakened state.

The rumble of laughter in my ear makes my heart pick up speed. How does something as simple as laughter become attractive?

"I know you're awake, baby. I could hear the change in your breathing and your heart rate picked up the more I touched you." 

I can feel him smile into my neck, and a mixture of embarrassment and annoyance fills my mind. He was teasing me! 

"Freaking werewolves," I mumble. I nudge his arm off of me as I make a move to push the sheets off of my body and get up. Then I realize that I'm completely naked. I'm completely naked?! Oh my God! I must have fallen asleep right after he marked me- that's so embarrassing! We didn't have sex and he didn't even get anything sexual either! I'm the worst mate in the universe. I'm so selfish that I didn't even attempt to make him feel as good as he made me feel.

My cheeks instantly heat up as my thoughts turn dirtier by the second as I imagine ways to make it up to him. Some ideas involve lingerie, some involve my hands, others involve my mouth. I'm probably too shy to actually do any of them, but the thoughts alone twist my insides and excite my body.

Gray grunts as he hugs my body to his, my front now plastered to his. He rubs his nose against mine as he releases a throaty sound that almost sounds like a purr. 

"Stop thinking such dirty thoughts or I'm going to have to act on them."

I freeze at his confession as alarm bells ring in my head. Can he hear my thoughts? I didn't think that was possible, even for mates! Did Cooper leave out an extremely important part of the marking explanation? Oh no, did he hear my sexual fantasies?