Family (Lena)

'Thank you.' She said it as a whisper but loud enough to hear. Her warmth cascaded over your body as she held you close, hands firmly closed together and legs wrapped loosely with each other. Her ear was placed against your chest as if she was listening to your heart and her head was tucked under your chin in the most comforting manner you had grown used too over the years.
'What for?' You mumbled into her soft hair, keeping the quite and calm atmosphere surrounding you.
'Making me realise what family is.' She replied simply.
'You deserve it Lena.' You softly said.
'Even if I didn't, you'd still give it to me. So thank you.'
You placed several small and gentle kisses into her hair.
'Thank you too.' You said after the few minutes of comfortable silence.
'For what?'
'Giving and being the family I always wanted.' You replied in a similar fashion she had.
'You're welcome my love.'
And you both, from the picnic blanket you sat on, turned your heads back to where 2 shadows were dancing and playing along the beach. One of their long, dark hair and green eyes stood in stark contrast to the others short, (y/h/c) and (y/e/c) as they scrambled in the sand, bursts of laughter falling freely. And you both felt completely at home.