Chapter 38

Things don't always go as you wish, especially an investigation with to many hands on the crime. the traitor has covered his tracks well, because it's the only way the planetary defenses could have been breached. there is no other explanation to be had. There is a RAT in the nest.

       But now the RAT is hiding. Who ever he is has good connections to the intimate workings of the Majah-tu military. How do you sniff him out? maybe you can use really good bait, to make him try to bite. The problem was us and our own military tactics that they are unfamiliar with; I agree with the King we took the initiative away from them, and now they are probably rethinking their strategy.

      Jahní moves a bit while sleeping, so I bring her closer to me and she gets comfortable continuing to sleep. I put my face into her hair and breath in her scent burning it in my memory. It's just tough to rest after all that has gone down, and my crew is calling for justice to be done for their dead shipmates.

      The King and his counselors are WRONG! Damn it! They've turned a blind eye to the truth; they just can't believe that one of their own would go against them. They're steeped too much in their traditions and Majah-tu don't betray one another. Times change. The mere fact that we, the Human race is here should let them know that things are in flux.

       I really need to stop thinking about all this and just focus on Jahní, since the King has allowed us to stay together for the whole night on our days. I trace my finger along her shoulder down to her arm, then down to her waist to the curve of her hips. She moves turning her head towards me. "You cannot sleep?"

       "No, I can't even though I'm tired. I just am unable to stop thinking." She turns around facing me. Her silhouette is beautiful in this low light of the moon streaming through the window, and She touches my face and I close my eyes. I trace the out line of her face with my finger, then I touch her lips and the heat between us builds up.

       "Only think of me." She whispers. God that's all I want to do and think of nothing else. She moves closer and She begins to Kiss me.

        "You know that lately you've been the aggressive one." She smiles and continues kissing me pressing her body to mine.

         "Make me yours again." She breathes softly into my ear. We make sweet passionate love again and then we rest in each others arms after, and this time I feel myself matching her restful mood and I just can't keep my eyes open.

        The next morning I'm walking down the tunnel back to the Embassy feeling rested and... happy, for the first time in a while. I notice someone coming down from the other end; I stop and  I reach behind me and put my hand on the plas pistol. I have to shift my weight onto my good leg, so I can hold my balance. "Captain, is that you?" Lahí, thank God.

     " Yes, it's me Lahí." She walks up to me and smiles inclining her head. "Is everything well with you?" I know why she's here, but I have to be polite.

       She turns red with embarrassment. "Yes, it's all well." she answers. "I must be on my way before I'm missed."

       I incline my head, as she walk past me towards the palace and I shake my head. Who would've guessed that Lahí would have a soft spot for technically an older man. I get to the door and enter the Embassy, as quiet as possible so as to not alert anyone of my coming and going.

        I walk up to the main level and I find the Gunny standing looking out of the window, with his hands behind his back. "Hal, everything good?"

        He turns. "Good morning Skipper." His spirits seem to be up today. He's been down for a few days, and I'm worried for him. He this whole affair has been hard on him the most. "I guess you ran into Lahí?"