Reunited (27)

Reading the comments, I forgot to mention I deleted the ending of my last chapter! Pretend you didn't read Sangs POV last chapter please lol. 

------------------------------

Zander helped me into his truck after dealing with 'the pups'. He had left me reclined on the bench as he marched back into the meeting room. A copious amount of yelling and odd southern insults ensued before he calmly sauntered back out of the room looking smug. 

Now, he hops into the drivers seat, blaring this awful country music. "Now then little filly, lets get you back home before the sun comes back up," he says before draping his tank of an arm on the middle council as he glances at me, "I knows you don't want me known where ya live, just let me know where I can drop ya off."

After promising to shoot Zander a text when I get home safe, he drops me off on the side of the long gravel road much to his dismay. Reluctant to leave, he made me pinky promise to call him if  I need anything. He's also quite adamant that despite my rocky start with the 'pups', that they're good men. 

I don't comment. 

Half an hour passes before stumbling through my door with my arms and book bag full of groceries. 

"Lilah," I sing as I clumsily kick off my boots, "I'm home!" I make my way into the kitchen and start putting away the food that should hopefully last us the next few weeks. Humming away, it takes me a moment to notice Lilah still hasn't come to greet me like he usually does. A spark of concern arises that makes me pause, "Lilah?" I call again. 

An angry hiss startles me into action. I grab the nearest thing and rush in his direction. No one messes with my kitty. 

The violent hissing echo's from my bedroom as I rush down the hall  carrying my weapon of choice. Barreling into my bedroom, I frantically look for the threat. Lilah is hunched on my freshly made bed hissing for all he was worth at the window.

The opened window.

The yellow aged curtains rustle in the cold violent breeze and almost seem to point to the single Petunia resting on my pillow. The throbbing in my chest increases as I jump into action. Leaping over a still angry Lilah, I close my window so hard, it startles my irate kitty into silence. Panting, I inch backward and scoop up my big ball of anger before closing my bedroom door.

With shaky hands I pluck my phone out of my pocket, scrolling until my thumb hovers over  Zanders name. 

Should I?  I ponder.  

Fuck it, it's better than being killed in my sleep and I'm too freaked to register what I'm about to do. 

Clicking on his name, it takes two rings before he picks up.

His relaxed and jovial voice greets me, "Make it home safe little filly?"

Not knowing what to say,  I stay silent as tears leak from eyes and I bat them away in frustration. 

Why is it always me? What have I ever done to deserve this? 

Zander's voice swiftly snaps me out of spiraling, "What's wrong, what happened? I'm grabbing' the shot gun sweet heart what's yer location?" 

Whispering my address to him, he orders me to stay on the line as I hear him grumble in the  background about his back up grenades. A breathy chuckle leaves my lips involuntary and twenty minutes later, I hear the distinct squealing of his brakes outside. 

With a now calm Lilah in my hands I hang up on Zander and swing my front door open. 

--------------------

So I wrote this chapter a bit drunkly buzzed but I liked it so I'm posting it :)

Anyways *hands you a shot* cheers! Better late than never *winks and downs my sixth tequila shot*

Love y'all <3 

Side note: I've been working on my own reverse harem that's been in the works for about a year and I'm very close to posting it soon! Let me know if you'd even be interested!