Chapter 47

Sid is in the pandal downstairs as the preparation for the puja is going on. He is wearing the yellow Kurta, Jaanvi had got for him. In the middle of everything, Sid's eyes goes towards the stairs only. He is waiting for Sana to come down. Jaanvi and Shini come downstairs and stand near Sid. He looks at them but doesn't ask anything. Jaanvi starts to laugh and says,"Mr. Ashiq, your wife is coming down in a minute. She is getting ready and asked us to go ahead." Sid starts to falter, "Hain.. toh.. did I ask anything or what? Why are you telling me all this?" Jaanvi elbows him in his stomach and says,"Sakal se saaf dikh rahi hai that you were looking for her..stop your drama. Ok." Sid shakes his head and stands quietly. He still tries to peek back to see if his beautiful baby has come or not. And she arrives, looking elegant in the Salwar suit. Big jhumkas in her ears, full makeup and bangles in her hand, she looks no less than some royalty. Everyone present there, men, women and kids starts staring at her as she goes and stands near Jaanvi. Jaanvi touches the chin of Sid saying,"Close your mouth or else mosquitoes will enter." Sid stares at her as she starts to laugh. The Arti begins and every one closes their eyes. Sid peeks in between to steal a glance of his wife. After two three times of peeking, he finds Shini standing where Sana was previously. He looks at her side when he feels a touch on his arm and he gets surprised. Sana is standing next to him with her cheeks red and Jaanvi and Shini are laughing looking at each other.

The Panditji calls all the couples to do the Arti. Sid and Sana too go and both hold the plate and perform the Arti together looking at each other with a smile. Sid touches her fingers while holding the plate. This is the second time they are doing something like a husband and wife. Everyone sits on the chairs and starts talking when Sid pulls Sana to a side and says, "I need to talk to you. Can you come upstairs now?" Sana replies,"Pagal toh nahi ho gaye ho! Everyone is here. I can't go with you now. Already Jaanvi is making fun of us because of you. Kya jarurat thi iss tarah ghurne ki? Now leave my hand" Sid leaves her hand and says,"Fine. I won't talk to you now. And please mujhe uss ajeeb namo se mat bulana aur. I hate them. Sidharth, call me that.." saying that he goes away to sit with some of the guys of the society.

0Sana looks at him and then goes to sit near Jaanvi and other girls. He doesn't look at her anymore. Sana however feeling bad turns to see him again and again. Sid has been busy when he hears laughing sound of Shini, Jaanvi and Sana. He looks at them to find them chatting with a few young guys. Some of them are from the society and others from outside. They are perhaps asking for selfies with Sana and she is shaking her head. Sid doesn't react for sometime. He finds a boy talking to Shini and showing her something on his phone. He holds her hand to make her touch something on his phone. Sid's temper was already high, finding a guy flirting with his sister made it go over the roof.

He gets up and going towards them says,"What is happening here? You what are you showing her. Show me also." Shini says,"It's nothing bhaiya. He was showing me a comedy video." Sid looks at her and says, "Really? For that he has to hold your hand. Shini go upstairs and study. Stop wasting your time." Jaanvi says," Arey what happened? Let her enjoy. She is studying all the time." Sid says,"Please Jaan stay out of this. Shini go." Shini gets up and goes upstairs in tears. Jaanvi shakes her head and goes after her. Sana says,"Why are you so khadoos? See she got upset. I really don't get you." Sid looks at her and whispers,"No you don't." He turns away and takes out his bike, leaving the society.

Sid returns home late and lies down on the sofa hoping not to see anyone. Sana however comes out and asks," Where were you? Maa was worried. Shini was crying all evening. Aaj puja wale din uss pe gussa kiye. What is your problem?" Sid does not reply but puts his hand over his eyes to block the light. Sana coming closer removes his hand and says,"I am talking to you na..Stop avoiding." Sid looks at her and says,"But I don't want to talk to you. Let me sleep." Sana says," You will sleep like this. Without changing, without eating. Chalo Jaanvi has made something like halwa called Sheera. It is tasty."