3

Her first few years at Hogwarts seemed uneventful until that Harry Potter came, and it seemed like every bad thing could happen. She was so curious to how an 11 year old could cause so much drama.

No surprise, the two people she met on the train her first day ended up being her best friends. Cedric and Julia were more than just friends, they were her family away from family. The day she was sorted into Hufflepuff she felt such a sense of pride and her final connection to her grandfather. Her first break back home she was so excited to tell her parents about the castle, and her friends and all the animals she saw. Of course they knew all about this but they were so excited for her.

"There are so many plants in the common room!" she beamed as she ran around her living room, as her parents cuddled on the couch, "The stairs move!!"

They laughed

"Cedric and Julia are like my best mates! They are also Hufflepuffs, and then there are these twins!" she beamed, trying to hide the blush that seems to always creep on her face when she thinks of the certain red headed twin, "they are quite the pranksters though," she stopped running around thinking of all the pranks that had already got into, "They were able to throw a dungbomb in the Slytherin common room, Adrian told me it kind of stained their rug purple.." she shrugged, "Oh! And then George tried to shove a slug in my ear!"

She went on and on about her new friends and school.

It was her fifth year now, she was just letting go of a hug from her mother. As she looked at her mother, there was something new in her eyes, fear, uncertainty. Not sure but it was new. "Please stay safe" her mother whispered as she placed her forehead on her daughters. She was around her mother's height now. She looked into her mother's eyes and promised she will be fine.

Maeve had to leave early at the end of last semester due to a family emergency.

"Miss. Scamander, please wake up" Maeve jumped as she was awoken by Professor Sprout and McGonagall standing over her bunk. They rushed her to Dumbledore's office where she was greeted with a somber look on his face.

"We have a port key waiting for you to bring you home, Professor Sprout will have you bags packed and we will send them home later this week" he said weakly

"What's going on? Ar- are my parents okay?" Her voice shook, Dumbledore offered his hand without a word, as she grabbed it her body twisted and spun until she found herself in front of her house. Well it wasn't her house anymore, it was the ruins of her perfect cottage by the sea. She looked at Dumbledore, who just couldn't seem to look at her. 

"Professor... What's happening?" 

It took a second to panic, she let go of the old man and ran looking for someone she knew. Running into Aurors after Auror, until she finally was engulfed in a familiar scent.

"Mum?" she breathed out

"He's gone." Her mother sobbed into her 15 year olds ear.

As her mother and her stood in front of her burning home, surrounded by the Ministry, Aurors, and Fire Broomgade, emotionlessly answering question after question.

"Did your husband have any enemies?"

Why would they ask that, everyone loved her dad.

"Did you see who did this?"

She watched her mother, stare off as she was bombarded with more questions that Maeve just simply didn't understand