t h i r t y s e v e n

"Unbelievable."

Megan stared at the half passed out women sitting on the ground with disbelief. They were laying with their heads down on the table, mumbling incoherent words as they remained in their drunken state.

What was she going to do with them? There was a baffled expression on her face as she asked herself what she should do.

Thankfully, she had called for backup, so she wouldn't have to deal with all of this herself. She felt bad for calling them, but she had this itching feeling they would happily comply.

Because right now, she had no idea what to do.

This girl's trip to her family's beach house was one of the best weekends she's ever had. She was thankful that all three older girls had taken time out of their busy schedules to cheer her up. It was exactly what she needed and she felt a sense of healing within her.

Her bruises were starting to fade and the cuts were already healing. By getting everything off of her chest, she felt more free and happy.

The car ride to the beach house was loud as expected. They sang their hearts out to throwback songs from the 2010s. She particularly remembered them jamming out to some old Taylor Swift songs, which made her burst into laughter at how horrible their singing was.

After they arrived at the beach house, Stephanie, being the second-best cook in their family after their mother, made a nice brunch. Thankfully, with Maddie's warning, they managed to keep Aurora away from the kitchen.

The beautiful view of the ocean as they sat outside and ate their brunch amazed the girls. Even though the sisters had been there before, they were still in awe, which made Aurora's experience even more worthwhile since it was her first time. She definitely couldn't keep her inner architect at bay as she explored. Her favorite part of the beautiful modern beach house would probably be the open sitting area that opened directly into the backyard.

 Her favorite part of the beautiful modern beach house would probably be the open sitting area that opened directly into the backyard

They spent the afternoon relaxing in the infinity pool that looked out onto their private beach. The way the sun's reflection sparkled in the beautiful blue ocean sea rendered each of them breathless. Just seeing the view completely uplifted Megan's mood.

They had gone out to a fancy dinner that night, which Megan was not prepared for. But her sisters knew and had brought a beautiful white floral babydoll dress for her.

It was flowy and comfortable— the sleeves long so they covered up some of the bruises on her arms. For once, she felt confident wearing something she only imagined her sisters or Aurora would wear. The looks of awe as the older women sent her only boosted her self-confidence.

She had to admit, her sisters and Aurora all looked beautiful in their dresses as well.

Stephanie wore a lilac floral maxi dress with a plunging halter neckline. There was a front slit that probably would've driven Ethan crazy and it definitely did when she sent him a group selfie the girls had taken. Stephanie was just excited to be able to go out for the first time in a while since her life revolved around her family.